Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why can't I leave a keyframe marker after I stop a video in Pip
[Post New]
Hello,

I was using the Pip editor and was repositioning an object. I did it for a few frames, then let the video play to another point and used the PiP stop video button where I wanted to place a keyframe.

But I am unable to add one. when I click the position keyframe, it remains greyed out.

So is the Object setting bar.

If I hit 'stop' on the video and it goes to the beginning I can place one, but have to move the scrubber head back to where it was. And then I can do it.

Is this by design? I hit stop, it takes me to the beginning and I have to reposition?

Thanks,

VeePo
[Thumb - ObjectSettingsGrayedout.png]
 Filename
ObjectSettingsGrayedout.png
[Disk]
 Description
settings greyed out
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - PiPKeyframe.png]
 Filename
PiPKeyframe.png
[Disk]
 Description
timeline keyframes greyed out
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I think it's always been that way. You can either preview the clip or edit it, and if you've been previewing you have to hit the stop button to return to edit mode.

I usually make a note of the time/frame counter and manually enter the same numbers after hitting stop. The cursor advances from hh -> mm -> ss -> ff automatically as long as you enter 2 digits in each section, so start in the leftmost section that won't be 00 and hit Enter when finished to snap the scrubber to that exact location.

Maybe other users have different techniques
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Veepo, maybe another option is to just use the Keyframe module. Since all you want to do is reposition a PIP you can play, use space bar to pause, place position keyframe or just drag preview, use spacebar to play again. Basically, you can preview and edit simultaneously.

Jeff