Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Duplicate images in Library
gmoochie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2021 22:18 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to mass hide or delete duplicate images with identical file numbers? Or do we need to manually go through thousands of images to delete duplicates one by one?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19. 2021 12:01

[Post New]
The best thing to do (if you're importing duplicate photos stored in different folders on your PC), is to avoid it in the first instance.

PhD will detect duplicates at the Import stage and alert you:

If that alert is ignored, and duplicates are imported, I'm afraid they'd need to be manually tracked down & removed.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
askmak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2021 16:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The best thing to do (if you're importing duplicate photos stored in different folders on your PC), is to avoid it in the first instance.

PhD will detect duplicates at the Import stage and alert you:

If that alert is ignored, and duplicates are imported, I'm afraid they'd need to be manually tracked down & removed.

PIX

Greetings all, The media library of our organization's site appears to have each and every picture twice or here and there significantly additional time. I've just been turning out here for a brief timeframe so I don't know what might have caused this? Does anybody realize what could cause all these copy pictures? Is there an approach to figure out which ones are "not the firsts" and how to eliminate them from the library? Much obliged

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 27. 2021 23:49

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The media library of our organization's site appears to have each and every picture twice or here and there significantly additional time.

You can use Windows file explorer to see if the images imported with the same apparent thumbnail are actually the same file size or not like one may be a lower resolution or have a different file extension like jpg and png for example. Report back on what you find.
TimBikes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 12, 2017 02:22 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
One thing I noticed in installing other imaging programs is that some create duplicates (thumbnails presumably) in the "Pictures" directory. For instance, the program Luminar does this within Pictures>Luminar 4 Catalog. So if you have been trialing other programs, this could be part of the duplicates issue. As Tomasc pointed out, try to see where these images are being stored and what attributes they have as that may provide a clue.

In terms of getting rid of the duplicates, I wonder if you could use another program outside of PhotoDirector to do that, then rescan / resync the folders within PhotoDirector.