Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 14 Ultra with Smartsound
Brian Cadoret [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2016 12:26 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I haven't used PD14 Ultra for a couple of years but need it now for a small project.

I've reinstalled the program and also the Premium and Essential content packs.

Although the SmartSound app is available within the program no free music files seem to be included, just the ones that need purchasing.

I'm sure when I previously had it installed there were a few free SmartSound music files, although I have never purchased any packs per se.

Can anyone please clarify if indeed the PowerDirector 14 Ultra did include any free SmartSound tracks with the extra Premium and Essential content packs.

Many thanks
Brian
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, I think you should have some free songs. I have about 36 free songs and then each one can have multiple variations. Free are shown in cyan, others in white in "Select song:" area.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD14_SmartSound.png]
 Filename
PD14_SmartSound.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
640 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I also have the ult. version shown in the above screenshot. Mine works as I continuously update the smartsound when asked in the past. You may need an update to get it to work. See this update available for PD14: https://www.smartsound.com/support/updates?product=cyberlink .
Brian Cadoret [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2016 12:26 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much for the replies, I have updated the SmartSound to 5.1.8 and all seems ok now.

I have a total of 10 songs which must be the amount that comes with PD14 Ultra,

I noticed that your Ultimate version has about 36 songs.

Thanks
Brian
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks very much for the replies, I have updated the SmartSound to 5.1.8 and all seems ok now.

I have a total of 10 songs which must be the amount that comes with PD14 Ultra,

I noticed that your Ultimate version has about 36 songs.

Thanks
Brian
Although SmartSound can be pricey there are occasional good sales, and you can hit EBay up for used discs. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT