Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NewBlueFX Chroma and Pip Chroma Key
[Post New]
Hello,

I purchased NewBlueFX 's ChromaKey Pro as I like the green screen work.

It has a lot of changeable properties which I need ot learn.
the Color range is based on hue, the sensitivty is based on shade.
Many more options

Smooth Key
Erase Spill
Shrink
Chroma Key Feather
Curve
Garbage Matte Feather
Width
Soften
Outline Opacity
Offset
Angle
Blur
Drop Shadow Opacity
Show Mask
Adjust Mask Position
Chroma key invert
Garbage Matte Invert

Which is great when one sucks as green screening (ie. me)

I find the built in one really good - I love how it can select the background color with the built in color eye dropper. NewBlueFX lacks it.
It uses color range and DENOISE (is that the same as sensitivity?)
If you are great a greenscreening - this is the fastest choice IMHO.

Has anyone else - any opinions or thoughts? Better ways to greenscreen? Colorboards?

I've attached a small video of both. Note I had to set the greenscreen to the same colors in the each plugin (rgb values) as NewBlueFX defaulted a Green color

Thanks,

VeepO
 Filename
ChromaTest.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
demo of both Chroma Toos
 Filesize
3079 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
149 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 04. 2021 17:56

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
That is a good initial comparison of the two chroma key solutions. In the PD Chroma, one could start another chroma key to remove the green bit leftover on top of the bottle.Use a third one if needed.

Here is a tutorial on using the NB Chroma key that should answer your questions: https://youtu.be/V2eAqYYFDDs .You can get the free eyedropper tool used in the tutorial by looking in the description.
[Post New]
Quote That is a good initial comparison of the two chroma key solutions. In the PD Chroma, one could start another chroma key to remove the green bit leftover on top of the bottle.Use a third one if needed.

Here is a tutorial on using the NB Chroma key that should answer your questions: https://youtu.be/V2eAqYYFDDs .You can get the free eyedropper tool used in the tutorial by looking in the description.

Thanks for reply!

Sounds strange, but yes, using them together to get a better Chroma output is an idea I did not think about...(thanks!)

I did see that tutorial - I enjoy Malik's stuff. Time to review.

Question for you - do you use any third party plugins?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Question for you - do you use any third party plugins?

Almost none as I try not to make mistakes in recording videos. Use manual exposure/tripods/experience, etc. This way I can use svrt most of the time. The plugins are most useful for post production effects and enhancement of videos if one does movie making or filmmaking at 24 fps or to fix errors. Plugins like NewBlue are included with PD ult and 365.
[Post New]

Almost none as I try not to make mistakes in recording videos. Use manual exposure/tripods/experience, etc. This way I can use svrt most of the time. The plugins are most useful for post production effects and enhancement of videos if one does movie making or filmmaking at 24 fps or to fix errors. Plugins like NewBlue are included with PD ult and 365.

You skills and experience make you post production shorter - got it! Love that!

NewBlueFx chroma key does not come with PD365 out of box, so I thoughts I would give it a try.
They have a sale: https://newbluefx.com/cyberlink/
Plus I want other parties making software for PD. Others might try it and get creative!

Again, thanks for responding - I alway appreciate hearing from those who know!