Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Paramter error when sorting through downloaded content
[Post New]
Hello,

My downloaded content from Shutterstock is giving me an error when I try to sort it by music (or anything else)

Anyone else having this issue?

VeePo
[Thumb - IncorrectParameter.png]
 Filename
IncorrectParameter.png
[Disk]
 Description
Error when sorting
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - MusicSelect.png]
 Filename
MusicSelect.png
[Disk]
 Description
SelectMusic
 Filesize
6 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Everything works on my system. Are there titles/icons displayed on yours? Does it matter if you change the view to Details or Icons?

In Details View, can you click on the column headers to sort by name, duration, etc or does that also give you the parameter error?
[Post New]
Quote Everything works on my system. Are there titles/icons displayed on yours? Does it matter if you change the view to Details or Icons?

In Details View, can you click on the column headers to sort by name, duration, etc or does that also give you the parameter error?

Yes, I get the error on anyone of those....strangely.
icgpamretired1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 16, 2014 20:08 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I have been getting that error message. It occurs when I click on "download"; then it occurs when I change the left hand menu (media, colorboards, downloads)

Ironically, even though I got that message since the upgrade, right after that it says "clip has been successfully downloaded and now available for use". Well, it worked for about 2 weeks...I was able to find the clip and use it...now it is never there.

This seems to be a major error and should be corrected ASAP. I was excited to be able to use all that media...hope it can be fixed.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This seems to be a major error and should be corrected ASAP. I was excited to be able to use all that media...hope it can be fixed.

So far you're only the second person to post about the issue which may mean it's limited to specific machines or geographic locations.

I haven't been able to duplicate the issue on either of my computers, so I think the best option would be to report the issue to tech support so they'll at least be aware of it. Hopefully they'll also be able to track down and correct the problem.
icgpamretired1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, yes I'm surprised, because it woked for a while.

Is there a way to reinstall the program?

Thanks for your response.
[Post New]

Yes, I get the error on anyone of those....strangely.

I deleted all the files in my ShutterStock cache files, but they still show up in the downloaded area. I think they must be thumbnails.

However the error still persists
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Is there a way to reinstall the program?

Yes. Right-click on Start then choose Apps & features then start typing Cyberlink or Power into the search box to uninstall PD. If you have the subscription version, you can instead open the App Manager and uninstall PD from there by right-clicking on it in the My Programs window.

This is also a good time to make sure that you keep the installer in a safe place. If you purchased PD19, for example, you can only download the installer for 30 days after purchase and if you need it again later on (and have deleted or misplaced the installer) you'll need to contact customer service which may take a couple days.
icgpamretired1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you so much for your response.

I just received a response from Cyberlink and they want me to record the error message. I will do that before I reinstall.

Glad to know there is a lot of support for the product.