Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Precision clip placement
chuckpuckett [Avatar]
Member Location: Alabama Joined: Jan 30, 2011 09:41 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
I'm stretching clips to match an audio track (the clips are still images). I need to stretch the edge of a clip a specific frame placement.\

Not knowing any better, I have resorted to using the mouse to try and drag the edge of the clip until the time matches what I want. This is generally almost impossible to do with any precision. I feel like there must be a way to somewhere key in the value I want the clip to stop at (or begin, for that matter). Using a mouse to achieve that accuracy is hopeless.

Can I do this via keyboard?

Thanks Chuck Puckett
"I don't want to steal the show. I only want to borrow it for a while"
http://www.puckettpublishing.com
http://www.chuckpuckettsongaweek.com
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Yes. Depending on which version of PD you have, you'll want to select the clip and then click on the Duration button or the clock icon that appears above the timeline. In PD14, it's Duration:

Clicking on the "?" at the top right of the main window will bring up the Help file and you can search for "duration" or "trim" to see related options.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 24. 2020 14:59

chuckpuckett [Avatar]
Member Location: Alabama Joined: Jan 30, 2011 09:41 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks! I have PD15 (still. have not found a compelling reason to upgrade).

Quote Yes. Depending on which version of PD you have, you'll want to select the clip and then click on the Duration button or the clock icon that appears above the timeline. In PD14, it's Duration:

Clicking on the "?" at the top right of the main window will bring up the Help file and you can search for "duration" or "trim" to see related options.