Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Won't play the Blu-ray
GlenB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 20, 2020 21:34 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
I had a disk in the drive and was using PowerDVD 20 to play it. Then the battery on my notebook ran outand everything died FAST.

I plugged in and restarted and went to keep playing the disk. When PowerDVD started and saw the disk in the drive it gave me a choice of Resume or Restart. Sounds great, right? But no matter which one I picked it made the grey box saying that it's reading the disk, counts up to 100% and then it goes back to the Resume/Restart choices - no video plays.

Shutdown gracefully, restarted it all and saw the same behaviour.
I tried to play a different BD that has never been played before and I got the SAME choice of Resume or Restart!
I changed the setting to tell it to always play from the beginning instead of asking me and that didnt have any effect.

I kind of feel like the battery fail left some software breadcrumbs that never got cleaned up and now the program keeps trying to finish off what it was last doing. If so, that means I need some way to "reset" it so that it forgets about the breadcumbs and starts fresh.

I suppose I could uninstall and reinstall but ... any better ideas?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 23. 2020 12:49

[Post New]
Quote I had a disk in the drive and was using PowerDVD 20 to play it. Then the battery on my notebook ran outand everything died FAST.

I plugged in and restarted and went to keep playing the disk. When PowerDVD started and saw the disk in the drive it gave me a choice of Resume or Restart. Sounds great, right? But no matter which one I picked it made the grew box saying that it's reading the disk, counts up to 100% and then it goes back to the Resume/Restart choices - no video plays.

Shutdown gracefully, restarted it all and saw the same behaviour.
I tried to play a different BD that has never been played before and I got the SAME choice of Resume or Restart!
I changed the setting to tell it to always play from the beginning instead of asking me and that didnt have any effect.

I kind of feel like the battery fail left some sofwtare breadcrumbs that never got cleaned up and now the program keeps trying to finish off what it was last doing If so, that means I need some way to "reset" it so that it forgets about the breadcumbs and starts fresh.

I suppose I could uninstall and reinstall but ... any better ideas?

Looking forward to hear from someone.