Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trouble with PowerDVD 20 Installation
Ivantchev [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 18, 2020 17:27 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
OK, just installed 20. For some weird reason both the base installer and the update try to remove all my USB devices!!

Thanks to the OP here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82443.page, as I have spent the last hour scanning for viruses. In my case, I didn't get stuck at 96% though. The obvious symtpoms is my mouse dying as the receiver is disconnected, plus a long list of warnings in the event log. Also, when I restarted afterwards there was a process called "testing some devices", which I think comes from Cyberlink.

Anyway, this shouldn't happen and needs to be fixed. Rather nerve-wrecking.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 20. 2020 20:07

QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote OK, just installed 20. For some weird reason both the base installer and the update try to remove all my USB devices!!

Thanks to the OP here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82443.page, as I have spent the last hour scanning for viruses. In my case, I didn't get stuck at 96% though. The obvious symtpoms is my mouse dying as the receiver is disconnected, plus a long list of warnings in the event log. Also, when I restarted afterwards there was a process called "testing some devices", which I think comes from Cyberlink.

Anyway, this shouldn't happen and needs to be fixed. Rather nerve-wrecking.

Hi

As I mentioned in other posts, I didnt enocunter the same issue on all of my Windows 10 platforms.

For the process "testing some devices", it should be the process on Window OS, but not from a software player installation.

I'm wondering if you have plugged tons of USB or any external devciecs on your PC simultaneously, and the hardware or its driver cannot operate or restart normally while powerdvd was installing on Windows which caused your devcie cannot work further and the software installation hang accordingly.

You may consider contacting their customer support if you are looking for some technical assistance.
GlenB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 20, 2020 21:34 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same problem - stuck at 96% and USB devices getting messed up. You're not alone!

I have reported this to Tech Support but no one has replied to me yet.

Ticket #CS002278190 which was a followup to ticket #CS002278143.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 22. 2020 21:23

QC2.0 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Understood that you want to install powerdvd right away after you bought it.

But, just wait for a bit more hours or days with certain patience when you contact cyberlink.
I believe that it is not an over-asking on this Christmas shopping and extremely terrible season as the COVID-19 outbreak got much worse and most of companies are running their business with relatively limited resources.

Perhaps you can try the installation on other platforms if you have other PCs as well.
GlenB [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Understood that you want to install powerdvd right away after you bought it.

But, just wait for a bit more hours or days with certain patience when you contact cyberlink.
I believe that it is not an over-asking on this Christmas shopping and extremely terrible season as the COVID-19 outbreak got much worse and most of companies are running their business with relatively limited resources.

Perhaps you can try the installation on other platforms if you have other PCs as well.

What is your point? That the softweare will operate differently if I wait a few days?

I see no reason to delay trying to install, or to delay reporting an issue. I understand that solutions may be slow to arrive given the season and the state of the world.

I have no other machine to attempt the installation, butI think it is important that two different users have reported very similar issues on fresh installs with the USB environment getting messed up. That makes it less likely that either of us have merely done something dumb, and more likely that there is a fault that needs fixing ... in the fullness of time.

As I have been advised at other times on this Forum, there is no technical support here. I have alredy raised my issue with the proper Technical Support and I was trying to help this other person with the problem to recognize that there is a better place to report the problem and to expect to get answers.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
[Post New]
At least, all of my platforms worked fine, and no issues when installing or updating.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 23. 2020 02:59

GlenB [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK. Got it to work. The details of the solution came from Tech Support and I added to it to explain the further things that I saw. This is a solution, but it is NOT what you would want to see in an installatino program!

Please read the description and solution steps in the attached PDF file.
 Filename
PowerDVD20-fix.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
479 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
135 time(s)