Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Synch by Audio Inserts Extra Tracks
martinsolomon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 14, 2010 16:17 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
As the title...I highlight the tracks, click Synch by Audio, it works, but shifts everything down, leaving a number of extra empty tracks above. Am I doing something wrong, missing that this is a feature not a bug, or something else...? Many thanks!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The tool has always worked this way. I believe it does so to make sure that the clips won't ever interfere with any existing timeline content, but the downside is that you'll have to select and drag both clips back to the desired tracks.

If the clips have a common starting or ending point, you can trim one end of the clips so you have a reliable way to line them up if they lose sync for any reason after you move them to the desired tracks.
martinsolomon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 14, 2010 16:17 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The tool has always worked this way. I believe it does so to make sure that the clips won't ever interfere with any existing timeline content, but the downside is that you'll have to select and drag both clips back to the desired tracks.

If the clips have a common starting or ending point, you can trim one end of the clips so you have a reliable way to line them up if they lose sync for any reason after you move them to the desired tracks.

Thank you. As long as that's the way it's supposed to work...