Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I create fade in/fade out on titles?
Tomas E [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 07, 2019 11:51 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]
I'm in the title room but I can't find a way to create fade in/fade out on titles. There must be a way, no?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are many. In the Title Designer, make sure you click on the Advanced button then you'll see the available effects/animations. Fade is one of them.

You can also drag a fade transition onto the title on the timeline, or click on the Keyframe tool and set the opacity at 0 at the start and end of the title with 100 in between.
Tomas E [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 07, 2019 11:51 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]
Quote There are many. In the Title Designer, make sure you click on the Advanced button then you'll see the available effects/animations. Fade is one of them.

You can also drag a fade transition onto the title on the timeline, or click on the Keyframe tool and set the opacity at 0 at the start and end of the title with 100 in between.

Thanks!

I didn't see it because of the tons of options available.
BrianE [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 15, 2020 11:46 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Quote There are many. In the Title Designer, make sure you click on the Advanced button then you'll see the available effects/animations. Fade is one of them.

Can you explain the adding/adjusting keyframes process a bit more as I can't fathom out how to use it? Also, does it affect the video only or can it be used to simultaneously fade in/out the audio? My workaround to date has been to create a few seconds of video with my camera lens cover on and use that in conjunction with the fade transition.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Those are very basic editing steps, and I think it would help if you looked through the Help file and maybe watched a tutorial or two as mentioned in the first section of the Read Me Before Posting guide.