Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using backgrounds in YouCam 9
ScottR3222 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2020 09:55 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have looked through the tutorials and manual and I cannot figure out how to install/use/change backgrounds in YouCam 9. I just want to use a background - not the avatar. I have downloaded and installed backgrounds but I can't figure out where they wind up. I do not see a Backgrounds tab

Scott
ScottR3222 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have looked through the tutorials and manual and I cannot figure out how to install/use/change backgrounds in YouCam 9. I just want to use a background - not the avatar. I have downloaded and installed backgrounds but I can't figure out where they wind up. I do not see a Backgrounds tab

Scott

Well, I guess you can disregard my question. After looking at other posts, this is a feature that YouCam DID have but does not have now. I guess when I read the features and user manual, I misunderstood the term "Background". Apparently in YouCam 9 the term is only in reference to creating new avatars.

My Google Searches were showing me refernces to YouCam RX which I guess no longer exists.

So there you go. Buyer Beware and read ALL the details. Just seems like this is such a much desired features these days that it should be standard in the Deluxe version.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Youcam RX is a version that only came preinstalled on some laptops, it was never for sale on the cyberlink store. FYI, if you bought Youcam on the cyberlin store, you can return it before 30 days.

If you want to replace your background during a live chat, then you need Perfectcam.

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/perfectcam/features_en_US.html

Dave
ScottR3222 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Youcam RX is a version that only came preinstalled on some laptops, it was never for sale on the cyberlink store. FYI, if you bought Youcam on the cyberlin store, you can return it before 30 days.

If you want to replace your background during a live chat, then you need Perfectcam.

Dave

Thanks for the reply. I demo'd PerfectCam but it doesn't appear to have camera controls like zooming the image. I need that more than the virtual backgrounds. I'll stick with YouCam.
GalacticaActual [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Payson, AZ, USA Joined: Jul 25, 2009 14:31 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
So,,,no live green screen in YouCam? No ChromaKey? I gotta have PerfectCam? And it's subscription only, I can't BUY PerfectCam? Not so perfect, eh? ==JJS==
stinky123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 26, 2021 08:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Well, I guess you can disregard my question. After looking at other posts, this is a feature that YouCam DID have but does not have now. I guess when I read the features and user manual, I misunderstood the term "Background". Apparently in YouCam 9 the term is only in reference to creating new avatars.

My Google Searches were showing me refernces to YouCam RX which I guess no longer exists.

So there you go. Buyer Beware and read ALL the details. Just seems like this is such a much desired features these days that it should be standard in the Deluxe version.

Useful - it's madness that you cannot change your background in youcam.

You cannot change your backgournd in perfectcam either from what I can see you can only do a blur on your live background?

Why is it, it's such a shame as the makeup features are awesome, you'd thinkg being able to you know working from home and put an office looking background on so still look professional but don't have to keep on tidying your room when doing a call with a customer, you know it's pretty basic stuff isn't it.

Going to have to look for another system i think if cyberlink not capable in either of their systems to do this basic features.
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]

You cannot change your backgournd in perfectcam either from what I can see you can only do a blur on your live background?

Hello,

Yes you can change your background in PerfectCam. PerfectCam let's you:

- blur your background.

- use a default background.

- import your own custom background.

Check the PerfectCam page for the full details:

Cheers,
YouCam Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 28. 2021 22:10

R Glen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 26, 2021 23:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello everyone, I have to add my extreme disappointmemt regarding the lack of the ablity to use one's own images as a background in Youcam 9. If anyone from Cyberlink is listening, please look at the posts in this thread, and add what would appear to be an absolute necessity for any webcam-based application. The lack of this facility has prompted me to look elsewhere and remove Youcam 9 from my systems, despite all the other great bells and whistles. Attention Youcam 9 develeopers!! ... Please listen to your faithful users and bring out Youcam 10 with the ability to add our own backgrounds, or please add it as a patch to Youcam 9 Deluxe. Thank you in advance
smile.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
This is a user forum, so the developers won't read this. Re-send this post directly to them using the support feedback:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Dave
awatt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 30, 2021 13:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

Hello,

Yes you can change your background in PerfectCam. PerfectCam let's you:

- blur your background.

- use a default background.

- import your own custom background.

Check the PerfectCam page for the full details:

Cheers,
YouCam Moderator

What is the point of buying a software with advanced camera adjustment options like YouCam 9 if it cant make the basic backdrop change? Even Teams and Zoom offers this option (but they dont work when you choose Youcam instead of your native webcam).

They can put your face inside a balloon, but cant put it in front of a regular picture that you choose?

Very disappointed, this is a dealbreaker for most here.