Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm using PD16 Ultimate - Now Want to install PD365
bkthedj1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2020 15:55 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I own and am running PD 16 Ultimate. I just bought PD 365 on DVD as a separate, boxed item.

How should I install the PD 365 version? Should I install it on top of (overwright) my existing PD 16,
or should I install 365 by itself without overwriting my PD 16? I'd like to not have both PD16 and
PD365 BOTH on my PC at the same time - I'd like to just have 365 running when all is said and done.

It would be ideal if I could use the new 365 to upgrade my existing PD16. Is that possible? Is it a
good idea?

I don't want to screw this up - I've got tons of files and projects that are part
of my PD16 version. Note that I didn't buy the UPGRADE for PD 16, I bought a stand-alone PD365

Thanks for your advice.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for all the specifics, and I think you've pretty much answered your own questions.

No version of PD ever overwrites any existing versions, although if you'd purchased an upgrade the installer might have uninstalled the previous version.

Your plan to have them both coexist is the ideal situation since PD365 should be able to access all downloaded/customized content already on your system. I'm sure you're aware that PD365 can open PD16 projects - but once you save them (or create a new PD365 p[roject) - you won't be able to open them in PD16 again.

Installing PD365 should go smoothly, but the safest way to proceed is to make a system image of your entire C: drive now so you'll be able to restore it if anything does go wrong. This post has a brief overview of free options.
topnotchwv [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 09, 2017 09:53 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for all the specifics, and I think you've pretty much answered your own questions.

No version of PD ever overwrites any existing versions, although if you'd purchased an upgrade the installer might have uninstalled the previous version.

Your plan to have them both coexist is the ideal situation since PD365 should be able to access all downloaded/customized content already on your system. I'm sure you're aware that PD365 can open PD16 projects - but once you save them (or create a new PD365 p[roject) - you won't be able to open them in PD16 again.

Installing PD365 should go smoothly, but the safest way to proceed is to make a system image of your entire C: drive now so you'll be able to restore it if anything does go wrong. This post has a brief overview of free options.

I have similar issue..current PD 14 project is about 60% complete... getting ready to install PD 19 ultimate from CD Rom. I assume this installtion will not adversely effect my efforts to complete the PD 14 project using PD19. Any prcauctions I should take? Thanks
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
There should not be any extra precautions needed as noted above. I would save any PD14 projects opened in PD365 with an appended suffix like -19 so that you can always finish the project later in PD14 if desired without affecting the one in PD365.