Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Disable a clip
Mahieu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 11, 2020 08:06 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Powerdirector users,
Could you please tell me how to disable a clip in a track?
"Disable a clip" means make it invisible (and muted).

I need to do this because I need the following specific multicam feature:
I'm working on song that was simultaneously recorded by 5 different cameras.
After having synchronised the tracks I have divided the song into clip parts (intro, chorus, break...)
For each clip I would like to keep only 1 camera active, and the others are "disabled".
This is my way to implement the "multicam" feature.

Thank you very much

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2020 04:46

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Not seeing why simply deleting the clip is not a option. You should be given several options on what to do with the now voided space.

You can also change the opacity of the clip to "0" (either in the PIP Designer or drag the little horizontal green line at the top of clip) and mute the clip volume (right click on clip, "Mute Clip", or drag the little blue horizontal line neat the bottom of clip) should work too.

Jeff
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mahieu
If I understand correctly, you want to temporarily disable 1 or more tracks in order to view the track behind.
On the left side of the track, uncheck the box, Enable / Disable this track. Video, Audio or the 2

A good option for your work, Menu, Plugins, MultiCam Designer, is very easy to use.

Locate in the image

see image
[Thumb - Multicam.jpg]
 Filename
Multicam.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
164 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 01. 2020 08:41

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Mahieu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Not seeing why simply deleting the clip is not a option. You should be given several options on what to do with the now voided space.

You can also change the opacity of the clip to "0" (either in the PIP Designer or drag the little horizontal green line at the top of clip) and mute the clip volume (right click on clip, "Mute Clip", or drag the little blue horizontal line neat the bottom of clip) should work too.

Jeff

I don't want to delete the clip because I can change my mind and change the camera view.
I have to work this way because, surprisingly, the multicam mode always align the videos from 0:00, ignoring my synchronisations.
Mahieu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Mahieu
If I understand correctly, you want to temporarily disable 1 or more tracks in order to view the track behind.
On the left side of the track, uncheck the box, Enable / Disable this track. Video, Audio or the 2

A good option for your work, Menu, Plugins, MultiCam Designer, is very easy to use.

Locate in the image

see image

Thank you but that was not at all my question.
The feature I'm dealing with exists in Cakewalk, it's called disable a clip. Keyboard K.
A clip is not a track, it's one of the parts of a track

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2020 09:17

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you Jeff but that was not at all my question.
The feature I'm dealing with exists in Cakewalk, it's called disable a clip. Keyboard K.
A clip is not a track, it's one of the parts of a track

I understand it was a clip and that was not my post you reference to me.

The second approach I identified in my original response to your question should work.

Jeff
Mahieu [Avatar]
[Post New]

I understand it was a clip and that was not my post you reference to me.

The second approach I identified in my original response to your question should work.

Jeff

Sorry for the confusion of username.
I understand your solution with the transparency but it is so complicated.
Why not create the feature "disable this clip"?
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Sorry for the confusion of username.
I understand your solution with the transparency but it is so complicated.
Why not create the feature "disable this clip"?

Yes, two simply adjustments instead of one. However, maybe more flexibility as you could leave the audio but have no video or vice versa.

To have CL consider your disable clip single click feature you could put your idea in the File > Rate Us & Provide Suggestions.

Jeff
LouieGribble [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 09, 2020 17:26 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
+1 here for a way to simply disable a clip - just like you can mute audio.

Just give us this feature and grey it out on the timeline so it doesn't play - SURELY it would be super simple to implement?
For me it would be SOOOO helpful when I'm trying to quickly audition A/B/C which clip fits best in a segment and I could flick between them all.

Setting the opacity to zero is kinda ok - unless you've got any opacity keyframe activity on there and then it's a giant PITA and not really an option.

C'mon CL, I've been waiting for this for years!!!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
As was stated in the post above yours, the best way to let CL know what you'd like to see is to tell them directly via Rate Us & Provide Suggestions.