Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Folder Location of Shutterstock images
JSC [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 20, 2012 09:22 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
In what folder does Powerdirector put the downloaded shutterstock images? I'm editing on two different computers via Dropbox, and my second computer can't find any of them.

Jim PowerDirector 365, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core processor 4.05 GHz, 32GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit OS, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In what folder does Powerdirector put the downloaded shutterstock images? I'm editing on two different computers via Dropbox, and my second computer can't find any of them.

Jim

Hi,

Try C:\Users\{Name}\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Shutterstock Cache Files.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
JSC [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

Try C:\Users\{Name}\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Shutterstock Cache Files.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I have a Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\19.0\Preview Cache Files folder, but not a Shutterstock Cache Files folder there. And they're not in that. I also have a Preview Cache Files folder in my project directory, but it's empty.

I do see image/video files in the ShadowEditFiles folder in my project directoy, but not all are there and those that are all have an added _0 at the end of the file name, such as 4070104_0.mp4, and using that doesn't seem to be working. PowerDirector 365, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core processor 4.05 GHz, 32GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit OS, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If you use OneDrive, the cache is here: \OneDrive\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Shutterstock Cache Files
JSC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If you use OneDrive, the cache is here: \OneDrive\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Shutterstock Cache Files

Thanks, but I use Dropbox.

So I've figured out that those files are stored in a folder on the home computer that is not in my project folder, so it's not within my Dropbox folders, and that's why I can't see them on my work computer.

Now my question is, Is there going to be an issue if I move them to a new location, within my Dropbox folders?

Jim
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I've reread your OP and I'm not sure that having 2 systems sharing the same cache folder is a good idea.

You'd need to uninstall PD on both machines, then reconfigure your Windows Libraries to use your Dropbox folder for Documents and then reinstall PD on both PCs to them each use the new locations.

However, that may work as expected if there are any program or registry settings that PD updates to catalog downloaded Shutterstock content. Unless PD is able to scan the folder and accept whatever content is there when it starts, only the computer that downloaded the clips would be aware of them, and by then your installations would be permanently out of sync. You'd have to do some testing to be certain that each system can access all content in the cache folders.

If sharing a cache folder between systems doesn't work correctly, it may be easier to use Pack Project Materials from the File menu to place all project resources in a single Dropbox folder.

The downside is that duplicate copies will be created for all source clips and saved in the packed folder, but the upside is that the entire project will always be accessable from either PC.

In the big picture, I think dealing with shared resources on a project level is the most reliable way to go.
JSC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, optodata. It sounds so complicated, I guess I'll just save the Shutterstock material to the very end and just do it on one PC.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
F.Y.I. I received a YouTube copyright strike on my video about Shutterstock. My contacts at CyberLink think I received the strike due to accessing the Shutterstock content from my PC which is a violation of the EULA. Keep in mind, this is not a copyright violation but that's a conversation for another day. According to CyberLink the EULA states:

You shall not do the following:

- download or otherwise access the raw Shutterstock Content data files outside of the SOFTWARE

Going to the folder location of the Shutterstock images, videos, or music would therefore be a violation of the EULA. I thought I should share this information to help others from going through what I'm going through. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.

Philkon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2018 10:46 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
C:\Users\YOur-Name\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\ShadowEditFiles\

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 06. 2022 15:09

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote C:\Users\YOur-Name\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\ShadowEditFiles\

Philkon - Stop posting erronious information.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 06. 2022 15:05

Philkon [Avatar]
[Post New]

Philkon - Stop posting erronious information.

This is where it was stored on my NEW Windows 11 computer. What makes you think this is erroneous?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 06. 2022 15:04

optodata
[Post New]
Philkon, although you obviously found a copy of a downloaded clip in that folder, all items in the ShadowEditFiles folder will be low resolution versions of clips imported into a PD project when the Shadow Files option is turned on. These clips aren't intended to be used in any new or existing projects, and are automatically deleted after 30 days.

The location of the original, full resolution clips are shown in the posts above.
Philkon [Avatar]
[Post New]

This is where it was stored on my NEW Windows 11 computer. What makes you think this is erroneous?

There is no such folder called "Shutterstock Cache Files" in my computer that I can find. I have looked through every folder in the suggested area, and did a search using the term "Shutterstock Cache Files" and "ShutterstockCacheFiles". No such folder was found.
Philkon [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Philkon, although you obviously found a copy of a downloaded clip in that folder, all items in the ShadowEditFiles folder will be low resolution versions of clips imported into a PD project when the Shadow Files option is turned on. These clips aren't intended to be used in any new or existing projects, and are automatically deleted after 30 days.

The location of the original, full resolution clips are shown in the posts above.

There is no such folder called "Shutterstock Cache Files" in my computer that I can find. I have looked through every folder in the suggested areas, and did a search using the term "Shutterstock Cache Files", "ShutterstockCacheFiles", and "Shutterstock". No such folder was found. Technically, I am still in the "trial" period of the subscription. And I am using a Windows 11 computer. Perhaps these are set up differently.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

To clear up the current situation - which appears to have changed at some stage - try looking in
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Cache Files 01\
or perhaps
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Cache Files 02\

for recent downloads.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Philkon [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

To clear up the current situation - which appears to have changed at some stage - try looking in
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Cache Files 01\
or perhaps
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Cache Files 02\

for recent downloads.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I checked both of those folders on my computer, and they were empty. However, I have both restarted and turned my computer off since the videos were downloaded.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 06. 2022 17:58