Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rename a project
IngoAre [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2019 02:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone,
I want to rename a project. Due to many updates the name of my main project is now "Ingo_10.01_10.03_11.01_11.03_11.04_11.05_12.01"...
I would like to throw out all the version numbers.
Does anyone have an idea?

KR
Ingo
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
Just rename the project in Windows Explorer.

Then you'll be able to open the renamed project in PhotoDirector, either by double clicking the project name in Explorer, or the open project command in PhD.
[Post New]
Hello Ingo,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

Philwild is absolutely correct. PhD has no facility to rename a project or "Save Project As", so renaming in Windows is the best (only?) option.

Be aware that when you do this, then open your renamed project, PhD will create some extra folders that reflect the new name. Where the project is stored, there are sub-folders called xxxx_cache & xxxx_faceme.

e.g. if you have a project called Ingo1, there will be sub-folders called Ingo1_cache & Ingo1_faceme.
If you rename it to Ingo2, then open the project, PhD will create extra folders called Ingo2_cache & Ingo2_faceme.
The previous folders Ingo1_cache & Ingo1_faceme are now redundant & can be deleted.

PIX PIX YouTube channel