Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sync By Audio Not Working?
Tdm19 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2017 18:36 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I'm currently editing a music video and up until a few days ago the Sync By Audio function was working perfectly.

Now while trying to sync some segments it is not working whatsoever.

I attach two screen shots showing before and after syncing, after syncing, the video segment appears after the audio file is finished?

It's driving me crazy, hopefully someone can help!
[Thumb - Screenshot (7).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (7).png
[Disk]
 Description
Audio track and segment after syncing by audio
 Filesize
979 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot (5).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (5).png
[Disk]
 Description
Audio track and segment needing synced by audio
 Filesize
1184 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Your short segment is too short for PD to get a proper sync with. Pick an edge that's the most important (starting/ending) and expand the clip the other way. Once PD has synced it you can trim the clip to the desired length again.
Tdm19 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2017 18:36 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Your short segment is too short for PD to get a proper sync with. Pick an edge that's the most important (starting/ending) and expand the clip the other way. Once PD has synced it you can trim the clip to the desired length again.

Hi Optodata,

Thank you so much for solving this issue for me, I'm delighted to have it solved and really appreciate your kind help.

Kind regards, Thomas