Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No Audio from Mobile Phone When Using Voice Removal Effect
Neb1982 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2020 20:17 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I have uploaded two (private) videos on youtube in which I applied the voice removal effect. The audio can be heard when I play the videos on my pc, but I hear absolutely nothing when I play the videos on my phone. Anyone know why?

And how can I remove the sound effect from an audio clip?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 06. 2020 11:37

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There seem to be two separate issues.

It's not clear from your post whether you're unable to hear any audio on your phone when playing the clip produced by PD or while watching it on YouTube.

It would help to know the results of playing the produced clip on your PC; while streaming it from YT to your PC; then playing the produced clip on your phone; and finally streaming from YT to your phone. Where are you able to hear the audio and where is it missing?

As far as removing the Vocal Removal effect, that's not possible unless the project is still open and you use Undo. It's possible that there's an auto-saved version of your project from before you made that change. Check in this folder to see:

Otherwise, you'll have to replace the edited clip on the timeline with a copy of the original clip to restore the original audio.

Neb1982 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote There seem to be two separate issues.

It's not clear from your post whether you're unable to hear any audio on your phone when playing the clip produced by PD or while watching it on YouTube.

It would help to know the results of playing the produced clip on your PC; while streaming it from YT to your PC; then playing the produced clip on your phone; and finally streaming from YT to your phone. Where are you able to hear the audio and where is it missing?

As far as removing the Vocal Removal effect, that's not possible unless the project is still open and you use Undo. It's possible that there's an auto-saved version of your project from before you made that change. Check in this folder to see:

Otherwise, you'll have to replace the edited clip on the timeline with a copy of the original clip to restore the original audio.

When playing the video on youtube from my phone, I cannot hear any audio from the video.
When playing the video on youtube from my pc, I CAN hear it.

I don't know what you mean by streaming from YT to pc and phone. When I want to start the video, I just hit the play button and it starts. I don't have to stream it. Rephrase please.

I know about autosave, thanks for that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 07. 2020 18:43

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I remember answering a similar question several years ago. The OP recorded the stereo left and right channels 180 degrees out of phase. There is no audio when playing on his cell phone because the audio is combined in the phone mono speaker. Play it on one of the cell phones or a tablet with stereo speakers and you will hear audio from both speakers like on your pc.

This is easy to check out. Download the video from YouTube. Open the audio in Audacity or AudioDirector. Expand the time ruler and see that one waveform is inverted relative to the other. The fix is to invert one of the channels before producing.
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]

When playing the video on youtube from my phone, I cannot hear any audio from the video.
When playing the video on youtube from my pc, I CAN hear it.

I don't know what you mean by streaming from YT to pc and phone. When I want to start the video, I just hit the play button and it starts. I don't have to stream it. Rephrase please.

I know about autosave, thanks for that.

In this context streaming = playing. On both devices (Phone and PC) when you press play, you are streaming.

What Optodata is suggesting is to compare playing the finished clips, transferred to your phone's memory vs playing (streaming) the clip from YouTube.
Neb1982 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I remember answering a similar question several years ago. The OP recorded the stereo left and right channels 180 degrees out of phase. There is no audio when playing on his cell phone because the audio is combined in the phone mono speaker. Play it on one of the cell phones or a tablet with stereo speakers and you will hear audio from both speakers like on your pc.

This is easy to check out. Download the video from YouTube. Open the audio in Audacity or AudioDirector. Expand the time ruler and see that one waveform is inverted relative to the other. The fix is to invert one of the channels before producing.

Thanks for the clarification. Is it possible to apply the fix on Audiodirector? I haven't found any option to do that myself.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 20. 2021 16:10