Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
WHat is difference between Poerdirector 18 and 19
DeekLoo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 20, 2020 22:42 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I just found out Powerdirector 19 is out. I was wondering wha tthe differences are between PD 18 and 19. I was considering getting it if the audio got upgraded. Right now I have a lot of troubl ewith audio amplification. The audio is either not loud enough or not quiet enough. My problem with the PD 18 interface is that you have to select the line that goes lenghtwise down the audio track on the timeline and move it up or down. It is very tricky to get my qudio correct in PD 18. I resorted to using audacity to amplify my volume and then import and replace my audio track in my powerdirector project. As PD 18's audio interface is so unintuitive that it takes less time to import into audacity, modify the audio, export into powerdirector, and replace my video audio, than it takes to try and monkey around with PD's interface.
Any details on the audio features of the new PD 19 would be appreciated.

Thank you

*I included attachment sof what the current audio interface looks like.
[Thumb - Capture1.JPG]
 Filename
Capture1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
The timeline adjustment is now precise enough and has only limited amplification
 Filesize
39 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - capture2.JPG]
 Filename
capture2.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
The audio room can't amplify enough and it is very difficult to use to modify the whole track as most of the time it just modifies a specific point on the track
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
No real changes there, you can however in both PD18 and PD19 type a number of dB level, basically.
1) F9 to enter Audio Mixing Room
2) Type say 8 in the dB box and enter
3) Use the end key to go to end of clip (or use the keyframe control beside the dB entry, PD19 only)
4) Type 8 again in the dB box and enter
5) entire clip boosted 8dB

Attached pic shows the level meters having a new dB look, just cosmetic, guts appear the same. Basically, finally updating the old linear amplitude bars to dB, something they partially rolled out yrs ago but never very refined or thought out. https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30556.page#post_box_167687

In fact, with the new dB scale they didn't even take the opportunity to fix this old linear mapping issue where some dB values are not permissible entries as they don't map to the old linear % scale, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77981.page#post_box_319527

Jeff
[Thumb - PD19_Audio.png]
 Filename
PD19_Audio.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
326 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 04. 2020 10:24

DeekLoo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 20, 2020 22:42 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Quote No real changes there, you can however in both PD18 and PD19 type a number of dB level, basically.
1) F9 to enter Audio Mixing Room
2) Type say 8 in the dB box and enter
3) Use the end key to go to end of clip (or use the keyframe control beside the dB entry, PD19 only)
4) Type 8 again in the dB box and enter
5) entire clip boosted 8dB

Attached pic shows the level meters having a new dB look, just cosmetic, guts appear the same. Basically, finally updating the old linear amplitude bars to dB, something they partially rolled out yrs ago but never very refined or thought out. https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30556.page#post_box_167687

In fact, with the new dB scale they didn't even take the opportunity to fix this old linear mapping issue where some dB values are not permissible entries as they don't map to the old linear % scale, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77981.page#post_box_319527

Jeff

Thank you, that answered my question.