Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Strange artifact on audio track
Beemer [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Scotland Joined: Dec 27, 2016 02:10 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I use PD 15 and I am seeing strange waveform artifacts both on my camera audio and on external audio recording. It looks like audio noise but there is no audible noise to be heard when I view in Audacity even when amplified 12db
I have attached a screen shot.
[Thumb - Audio Image 001.jpg]
 Filename
Audio Image 001.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
54 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
Beemer [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Scotland Joined: Dec 27, 2016 02:10 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I use PD 15 and I am seeing strange waveform artifacts both on my camera audio and on external audio recording. It looks like audio noise but there is no audible noise to be heard when I view in Audacity even when amplified 12db
I have attached a screen shot.

Sorry I should have said that the attached waveform was done using a digital recorder at 20% gain setting with no mics connected. i do not see these artifacts on any of my audio files when opened in Audacity or other programs. Is this a PD bug?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It looks like you've expanded the vertical scale to the max, and I believe the "noisy" waveform is how PD indicates that audio is actually present, even though there isn't anything like the signal amplitude that the waveform implies.

On tracks with a truly silent audio track (no recorded audio), there's a thicker solid line. This is from PD14:

PD15 isn't going to get any patches at this point, but if you'd like to share one of the clips other people can check to see if there's anything unusual about them.