Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD won't run after today's update
CeriRees [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2011 16:49 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
After running the update, PD crashes almost immediately on launch. I've tried launching from the app manager and directly. I've uninstalled it and re-installed it. I've tried running as an administrator. I've tried disabling the anti-virus. I'm at a loss of what to try next and I have an urgent deadline looming. Help!
CeriRees [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote After running the update, PD crashes almost immediately on launch. I've tried launching from the app manager and directly. I've uninstalled it and re-installed it. I've tried running as an administrator. I've tried disabling the anti-virus. I'm at a loss of what to try next and I have an urgent deadline looming. Help!

And, just like that, it works. On at least the 15th attempt, it suddenly worked. Rather bizarre, which doesn't make much sense to me, so if it happens to you, I still can't tell you how to fix it, but just persevere.
RAMguy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2020 08:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Don't know if this is same problem, but PDR.exe (Ultimate 19 version) won't boot. I get standard message asking if PDR.exe can make changes> I say "Yes" > The message disappears and nothing happens after that. The only way to get the program to start is to restart my computer, then things proceed as expected. Haven't yet figured out why.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Don't know if this is same problem, but PDR.exe (Ultimate 19 version) won't boot. I get standard message asking if PDR.exe can make changes> I say "Yes" > The message disappears and nothing happens after that. The only way to get the program to start is to restart my computer, then things proceed as expected. Haven't yet figured out why.

You may want to try running the installer as an administrator to see if that overcomes any Windows system permission issues you might be encountering. Right-click on the installer and choose Run as Administrator.
CeriRees [Avatar]
[Post New]

You may want to try running the installer as an administrator to see if that overcomes any Windows system permission issues you might be encountering. Right-click on the installer and choose Run as Administrator.

If it helps anyone, I think my original problem was caused by the NewBlue plugins issue that is mentioned elsewhere. I think it crashed for each new plugin it tried to load and when it had got through the list it was fine from then on. NewBlue tells me that after trying to load a plugin once, if it fails PD doesn't try again, which explains why I got an error a bunch of times and then the problem magically went away.