Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Download is SO SLOW
HuntersPad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2016 23:22 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Whats going on? Trying to update, and its downloading so SLOW. Its not my connection nor my computer.

Even tried downloading with a VPN and mobile connection same slow issue.

I have gigabit internet and getting 940mbps.

Even trying to download the Application Manager will take 20 min just to download 23.8MB lol.
[Thumb - fefefefe.JPG]
 Filename
fefefefe.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
23 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
15 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2020 11:41

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure what's happening, although it may be that there are too many download requests at the moment. I downloaded the entire suite on my 2 PCs about 12 hours ago and it only took a few minutes for each of them, so hopefully things will speed up for you soon.

If not, maybe send a PM to the Moderator or file a support request.
davidh1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2018 18:35 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Same for me, tried 6 hours agp and now, still very slow to download updates, I'll wait a bit longer and maybe it will inprove
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I looked at your attached screenshot and saw that you're just trying to download the App Manager. I thought you were having trouble downloading the GB worth of apps from there, so in case anyone is still having trouble downloading the App Manager from the Cyberlink webpage, you can also get it from my OneDrive account. (BTW it was still very slow but only took around 5 mins to finish).

No need to sign in to OneDrive, just download the App Manager from here. You should then be able to install it, sign in to your Cyberlink account and download all the subscription apps.
HuntersPad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2016 23:22 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I looked at your attached screenshot and saw that you're just trying to download the App Manager. I thought you were having trouble downloading the GB worth of apps from there, so in case anyone is still having trouble downloading the App Manager from the Cyberlink webpage, you can also get it from my OneDrive account. (BTW it was still very slow but only took around 5 mins to finish).

No need to sign in to OneDrive, just download the App Manager from here. You should then be able to install it, sign in to your Cyberlink account and download all the subscription apps.

Its not just app manager. Its that slow downloading actual powerdirector too lol
optodata
[Post New]
It must be the download demand then. I just tried downloading the Bloggers Social Media Pack and it took almost a minute to download the 65MB worth of content despite having a 1Gbps fiber connection.
davidh1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Still no luck at downloading updates. Just about reinstalled the Application Manager after three atempts. Still so so, waited 1hour for attemp at downloading powerdirector 19 update. But failed with an error at end of download.
Sent a tisket of to cyberlink. waiting for a reply.
StevieB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 01, 2015 07:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same Here. At 112Mbps download speeds I'm getting around 150Kb packets maybe every 10 seconds. Will be pushing up daises before I get the update at this rate.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
For what it is worth: it took me over 18 hours in total to get the updates of the 365 suite software downloaded and installed. I have tried a restart once, but the Application Manager did not remember where it was. I did a subsequent download of some effects packs a few hours ago, and they went fairly fast (under 1 minute).
The only thing I can advise is: be patient in times where the whole subscribers base is eager to get its hands on the new stuff.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2020 09:47

Slandscree [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2009 14:52 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Same here! I'm trying since 3 days to update my Cyberlink software using CAM, but... its impossible. Download is stuck. I tried reinstall CAM - using onedrive link (tried to download from Cyberlink web page - but 28MB was too much for their service - dowload speed awfull) - and still can't upgrade - download speed is something about 60B (BITS!) My PC, internet connection works good. What is going on Cyberlink?!
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting,

My update took a few minutes.

As I'm in the UK, I wonder if I was lucky with the time difference?
Jackalpants
Newbie Location: Manchester UK Joined: Feb 10, 2013 05:06 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having a similar issue.

I have finally managed to download the PD365 update but when I try to install I get "An MD5 error occured during the download process and could not successfully complete" Is this the same erro anyone else has had?

I've re-installed CAM and to my regret now uninstalled PD365 in an attempt to perform a clean install. I still can't install so I have nothing installed now and can't download the software again. Just stuck at 0%. The same for all the Audio Director etc as well.

I've logged a support ticket so just wondering in the meantime if you guys are getting the same error?
[Thumb - CPD365 ISSUE.JPG]
 Filename
CPD365 ISSUE.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
MD5 error
 Filesize
21 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
I'm not sure what's going on with your system. MD5 is a way of verifying that everything you downloaded got there safely, so an MD5 failure means that your downloaded files were corrupted. I can't say if that's related to why you can't download PD365 but it's certainly possible. There may also be issues with Windows or your antivirus program.

A quick idea is to run the two commands shown in bold in this post. Reboot and run a test of your internet connection using an app or website like Speedtest.net.

I just tried downloading the Bloggers Social Media pack again and it downloaded and installed in about 10 seconds so I don't think the issue is too much demand at this point.
Brian108 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 30, 2018 04:41 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
This is NOT an antivirus or whatever problem. This is a server problem. There is no bandwidth, I cannot wait 3-4 hours for a single upgrade. This is completely unacceptable. The entire upload of all parts could take more than 1 day!!!
videotech2013 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2015 13:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Have the same problem,so slow unable to update ,will not be renewing my subscrition next year unless they can explane what is going on their side and how they plan to resolve this issue.Thinking about switching to dalvini resolve pro for a one off payment life time membership.
Dont have to time to mess around

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 19. 2020 03:13

[Post New]
HI,
For me download starts 8 PM yesetrday and it's stil downloading, ( fiber 1gb connection) .
at the start, app manager ssend a message : "no internet connection detected"
And when i send a message to the Support , they told me to change my password......
[Post New]
Quote I'm having a similar issue.

I have finally managed to download the PD365 update but when I try to install I get "An MD5 error occured during the download process and could not successfully complete" Is this the same erro anyone else has had?

I've re-installed CAM and to my regret now uninstalled PD365 in an attempt to perform a clean install. I still can't install so I have nothing installed now and can't download the software again. Just stuck at 0%. The same for all the Audio Director etc as well.

I've logged a support ticket so just wondering in the meantime if you guys are getting the same error?

SAme Error for me!
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
I just tried downloading the Bloggers Social Media pack again and it downloaded and installed in about 10 seconds so I don't think the issue is too much demand at this point.

I have seen that some of the packages come from a different IP address than the software does. Packages that seem to come from the same address as the software, download very slow (at least for me). I see that AWS is involved at some points.

Anyway, it is an issue is that Cyberlink should improve upon.
LLOYD1985 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2011 21:32 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same issue, normally PowerDirector downloads in less than 2 minutes. This time the update is at 87% and it's been downloading for nearly 5 hours now.
davidh1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
tried again today 19/09/2020 uk and it is still slow. manged to download power director in 4 hours and it came up with MD5 error, so still no upgrade. Luckly i have not uninstalled the lder version yet.
Sent a ticket to cyberlink yesterday, still no response.
Hope it's fixed soon.