Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Feathered Edges to a Picture
Dalstar09 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 18, 2014 20:45 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I could not locate a similar question in the forum and I am about to pull my hair out. Can someone point me in the right direction to learn how to produce a picture with faded edges (to transparent)? I want to layer this picture on top of another layer and have the picture fade to the background layer. I am using PhD 11.
[Post New]
Hello Dalstar09,

This thread on the same topic may be of use to you. laughing

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Dalstar09 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello Dalstar09,

This thread on the same topic may be of use to you. laughing

PIX

I saw this but it is not what I am looking for. The PhD method described is more of a blending which is not exactly what I am looking for. The Paint.net example is more in line with my target, however, I am having difficulty locating the "alpha blur" which is what was used in a tutorial I watched.

The project I am trying to create is 5 separate png images that fade to transparent (band members) and then I will layer those 5 images on a background for a promotional picture.
[Post New]
Hello again,

You may not be aware that the basic application of Paint.NET can have extra plug-ins installed. To use Alpha Blur, you need to install the Tanel Plugin Pack which includes Alpha Blur v.2

Once you copy & paste the .dll files into C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects, Alpha Blur will be available under Effects > Blurs > Alpha Blur.

Another (less sophisticated) option in Paint.NET is Fade Edge, which may be found in Effects > Photo > Fade Edge.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Dalstar09 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Perfect! That worked!! Thanks for your help!!!