Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adjusting clip sound volume and aspect ratio
BrianE [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 15, 2020 11:46 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I was trying to lower the sound of an individual video clip today in PowerDirector 18, but when I checked the other clips, they had also been adjusted down. Can anyone explain the correct procedure please? Also, can a video clip that does not have the correct aspect ratio be changed (e.g., from 16:9 to 4:3)?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I was trying to lower the sound of an individual video clip today in PowerDirector 18, but when I checked the other clips, they had also been adjusted down. Can anyone explain the correct procedure please? Also, can a video clip that does not have the correct aspect ratio be changed (e.g., from 16:9 to 4:3)?

You can change of the gain of a clip by using the rubberband adjustment at the bottom of the video clip in the timeline. This controls the whole clip or you can define control points and adjust each point uniquely. One can also use the "Audio Mixing Room", move the vertical slider or type in a exact number to adjust gain at that location of the clip (keyframe added). The horizontal slider adjusts the gain for the whole track.

Right click on the clip and "Set Clip Attributes > Set Aspect Ratio...." and adjust accordingly.

Jeff