Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Moving or Deleting Manual Precut In Out Markers
pao1os [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 22, 2020 10:51 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I am sure I may be missing something really obvious here but I cannot find a way to move or delete an in/out marker in Precut which has been placed by mistake.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sure. You can't change the precuts when they're in the Precut folder, but you can go up one level to the main library, select the original clip again and re-open the Precut tool. From there, you're free to adjust or delete markers, or even add new ones.

If you've already dragged precut clips to the timeline, you can simply click and drag the starting or tailing edge to lengthen or shorten them, just like you can with a normal clip.
pao1os [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Sure. You can't change the precuts when they're in the Precut folder, but you can go up one level to the main library, select the original clip again and re-open the Precut tool. From there, you're free to adjust or delete markers, or even add new ones.

If you've already dragged precut clips to the timeline, you can simply click and drag the starting or tailing edge to lengthen or shorten them, just like you can with a normal clip.

Thanks for the reply. I may not have made myself clear enough though. I am talking about moving or deleting the yellow markers actually inside the Precut window before clicking ok.

For example while doing a multi clip precut, I mark in, then mark out. If i then accidentally place another out marker, I cannot see how to remove or delete it. Even if I try to mark another section of the same clip the accidental marker stays. The correctly placed markers allow me to drag them around on the time slider but one that was placed by mistake or out of logical sequence doesnt show the double arrow to move it.

Thanks
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
I have found that if you add an in marker before the unwanted out marker, you can delete the unwanted clip.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ...while doing a multi clip precut, I mark in, then mark out. If i then accidentally place another out marker, I cannot see how to remove or delete it. Even if I try to mark another section of the same clip the accidental marker stays. The correctly placed markers allow me to drag them around on the time slider but one that was placed by mistake or out of logical sequence doesnt show the double arrow to move it.

Thanks

Can you provide a screen shot of your issue and highlight or point out the marker you want to remove?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It doesn’t hurt to leave that extra Mark out marker inserted. You are allowed only one extra out marker so move the cursor to a blank area by clicking the Mark out. The original out marker disappears and this new one appears. Move the cursor slightly to the left and click the Mark in. You now have a new segment that appears. Delete that new segment. Click OK. That’s it.
pao1os [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey everyone,

Thank you so much for all the input. I think it may have been me being dumb, although I was pretty sure that I tried this yesterday.

If I hit O to mark an out point the missplaced marker now jumps to the new location (I don't think it was doing this yesterday but I could be wrong). Therefore I can now move it enough to place a new in marker so effectively problem solved as if I don't need the second portion of the precut I can simply leave it out or remove it.

The dark markers do not let you drag them.

Here is a screenshot with the red circle demonstrating what I was referring to;

As I said above I think I have the workaround now but thanks for the advice.

@ Maliek, love your tutorial videos.

All the best
Paul
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hey everyone,

Thank you so much for all the input. I think it may have been me being dumb, although I was pretty sure that I tried this yesterday.

If I hit O to mark an out point the missplaced marker now jumps to the new location (I don't think it was doing this yesterday but I could be wrong). Therefore I can now move it enough to place a new in marker so effectively problem solved as if I don't need the second portion of the precut I can simply leave it out or remove it.

The dark markers do not let you drag them.

@ Maliek, love your tutorial videos.

All the best
Paul

I'm glad you were able to solve the issue. Thanks for watching my content.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 03. 2020 10:57