Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menu preferences show font but not the theme background
bugslayer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2017 19:16 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using PD17. It's updated with all the patches.

I created a video, used the menu preferences to create an opening background (Birthday). I applied the preference to all pages, but only the font shows up.

The background is black.

It shows the title, which I can edit, and the Play and Scenes icons.

When I burn the blu-ray, it burns fine.

Playing it has the opening music for that template, with a black background, which eventually shows the title, play and scenes.

I've tried other templates, and they all give me a black background.

I've been able to make various videos in the past with whatever theme I wanted, without a problem

Please advise.

Thanks.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It does sound like that your pc is low on resources. Try this: After selecting your menu, save the project. Close PD. Wait a minute. Reopen PD and your project. Go to Greate Disc and Preview the Disc menu.

There can be many ways to free up memory and resources. Please read this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77190.page and attach a DxDiag.txt on your next reply.
bugslayer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2017 19:16 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It does sound like that your pc is low on resources. Try this: After selecting your menu, save the project. Close PD. Wait a minute. Reopen PD and your project. Go to Greate Disc and Preview the Disc menu.

There can be many ways to free up memory and resources. Please read this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77190.page and attach a DxDiag.txt on your next reply.

Thanks. I tried saving it and opening it up again. Same black background.

I have to correct my first post. I was wrong about all the templates not working. Some do, actually.

Here are the ones that won't show:
Baby Room
Best Vacation Guide
Birthday
Cinematic
Hearts
Ink Splatter
Memory Chest
Music Box
Road Trip

I don't think it's a resource issue. My PC has 32 Gb of memory, with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 graphics card.

On one of my other computers, I have Power Director 15. That PC has 16 Gb of memory. I can open every single one of those templates without an issue.

Could some templates be corrupted? Just trying to understand why some work, and others don't.

Look forward to your help. Thanks much.