Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Regarding Pan and Zoom PD 18
detroit123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Dec 20, 2011 14:58 Messages: 194 Offline
[Post New]
I used the Pan and Zoom on a video just now and it works from adding the keyframes in the places I want but I notice it does a gradual zooming in or out

Can someone let me know how to do this where it quickly goes to the zoom just like pressing 2x on your cell phone and then pressing 1x to instantly go back to the wider view

The gradual thing is good but there many times where you want it to go to that look instantly
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Tools like Crop/Zoom/Pan are good for quick & easy edits but you can't place keyframes close enough together to make a drastic shift.

For full control you need to make the edits by hand. Double click on the clip and place Scale and Position keyframes at the last full-size frame. Bump the playhead 1 frame to the right and adjust the Height/Width slider or type in "2" then drag the clip if needed to center the desired area.

During playback, the clip will immediately zoom in.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
detroit123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Dec 20, 2011 14:58 Messages: 194 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Tools like Crop/Zoom/Pan are good for quick & easy edits but you can't place keyframes close enough together to make a drastic shift.

For full control you need to make the edits by hand. Double click on the clip and place Scale and Position keyframes at the last full-size frame. Bump the playhead 1 frame to the right and adjust the Height/Width slider or type in "2" then drag the clip if needed to center the desired area.

During playback, the clip will immediately zoom in.

thanks for the info; it works great that way

I then will have to put in another key frame for when I want to return to the normal width
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Yes. I often "bookend" zooms like this in the PiP Designer and the Crop/Zoom/Pan tool by placing a second full scale keyframe at the very end of the clip. That way I can make as many changes as I want in the middle and still have a normal size and position when the clip ends.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°