Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Image disappears while creating motion tracking mask
Tedd54-Newbie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2013 08:23 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
After I have created a motion tracking mask, when I go back frame by frame to touch up the edges my image disappears. I can get the image to reappear by right clicking the panel and changing the quality setting, but as soon as I advance to the next frame the image disappears again.
[Thumb - color director mask issue.jpg]
 Filename
color director mask issue.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
189 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
17 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's very strange. I tried it on an existing project [CDR (3).cds] and I saw the same issue with motion tracking not working, but when I created a new project and imported the same clip, everything worked normally. I also got it to work by creating a new workspace, which keeps the existing media clips in the library.

Does creating a new project or new workspace solve the issue on your system?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 28. 2020 00:32

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Tedd54-Newbie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2013 08:23 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote That's very strange. I tried it on an existing project [CDR (3).cds] and I saw the same issue with motion tracking not working, but when I created a new project and imported the same clip, everything worked normally. I also got it to work by creating a new workspace, which keeps the existing media clips in the library.

Does creating a new project or new workspace solve the issue on your system?

Hi. I tried both of your suggestions. Both of them improved my situation, but the problem persists. I can now go about 10 frames before the image disappears.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That sounds like a different problem.

I'm guessing that CDR isn't able to track the object due to changes in the video and would normally display this message, but you've probably already checked the Don't show again box:

Try clicking on the Reset button under Preferences | General | Messages and see if that's what's happening.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°