Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multiple audio tracks
Orelanic [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2018 06:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all
Have a question.

I now need to add up to 3 audio tracks to power director when importing a video file, when using OBS to record I find that even with MKV audio files, powerdirector 16 does not add each track, does version 18 allow you to just add media and leave it to power director to add the tracks. or do you have to mess about with it to get it done another way?

Thanks
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I now need to add up to 3 audio tracks to power director when importing a video file, when using OBS to record I find that even with MKV audio files, powerdirector 16 does not add each track, does version 18 allow you to just add media and leave it to power director to add the tracks. or do you have to mess about with it to get it done another way?

PD18 and PD16 really the same there I believe.

With a multi track mkv file in the media library, right click on it and the tracks will appear under "Audio Languages". You can extract each track and then add or mix on the timeline as desired.

Jeff
Orelanic [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2018 06:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

PD18 and PD16 really the same there I believe.

With a multi track mkv file in the media library, right click on it and the tracks will appear under "Audio Languages". You can extract each track and then add or mix on the timeline as desired.

Jeff

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, the method you described is not acceptable, it does not work very well, and it falls way behind other video editing programs.

In these other programs, (some are cheaper) with MKV or MP4 I have no problems opening up a video and finding all the tracks ready to edit, it’s easy and saves so much time, not being restricted to only using MKV is an important factor.

I have been using power director for many years, loved the ability to use the audio and other editors in the same program, and I was going to upgrade to the latest incarnation, but now with me wanting to do more multiple audio track editing in video, I will have to move on, real shame that the company seems to have missed a very important addition, especially with all the twitch and YouTube activity going on. Very disappointed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 27. 2020 04:28

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Unfortunately, the method you described is not acceptable, it does not work very well, and it falls way behind other video editing programs.

I simply stated what is available.

Best way I guess to get CL your improvement thoughts is the "Rate Us & Provide Suggestions" feature in the File tab. I wouldn't count on sweeping change in the next release though.

Jeff
mypasswordis1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 03, 2023 19:23 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry for the necro, but this seems to be such a simple request that many would want and it's very painful to not have it. Everyone says Adobe Premier Pro has it, but I really like the simplicity of PD. It is very frustrating to not be able to edit/remove your voice while keeping the windows audio going. Any updates on this?