Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is it possible to search people using Synology Moments?
bobby121418 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 07, 2020 16:40 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I wonder if anyone is familiar with Synology products. I have a 119j, which does not do face detection (unfortunately) so I am looking to use PD to do the job.
My question, will Synology Moments be able to search people detected using PD?

Many thanks
Best
Bobby
[Post New]
Hello Bobby,

I'm afraid I have zero experience or knowledge with/about Synology Moments, but according to its website it uses "AI" to group similar people, places & events. It's not clear to me (yet) that it makes use of tags to do this.

I'm attempting to test this with the very limited 30 minute trial, but not sure how much I can learn about it in that time. To my way of thinking, if it makes use of tags you should be able to use PhD in conjunction. Just guessing.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
bobby121418 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 07, 2020 16:40 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Bobby,

I'm afraid I have zero experience or knowledge with/about Synology Moments, but according to its website it uses "AI" to group similar people, places & events. It's not clear to me (yet) that it makes use of tags to do this.

I'm attempting to test this with the very limited 30 minute trial, but not sure how much I can learn about it in that time. To my way of thinking, if it makes use of tags you should be able to use PhD in conjunction. Just guessing.

PIX

Hi PIX,

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately my model is slightly limited in power and does not do AI. For this reason I was hoping to use another tool to do the job.

Thanks
Bobby
[Post New]
Findings in Synology Moments during upload of photos:

1. Searching by applied tag (face or otherwise) yields zero result.

2. Right click on photo > Properties does not list people or tags.

It may be different once upload is complete.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 11. 2020 17:13

PIX YouTube channel
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]
The best free S/W I have used that would/could do facial recognition was Google Picassa, sadly just another Google product that got dropped.