Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I add background music?
DeekLoo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 20, 2020 22:42 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to add your own music as background music. I was trying to make a youtube video so I went to the youtube studio audio library downloaded a royalty free song. But when I went to powerdirector, I couldn't figure out how to add the song in.
I was also wondering how to change the audio volume. if I try to use the db slider in the audio tab it only changes the volume at the spot where the play indicator is.
Help would be appreciated.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to add your own music as background music. I was trying to make a youtube video so I went to the youtube studio audio library downloaded a royalty free song. But when I went to powerdirector, I couldn't figure out how to add the song in.
I was also wondering how to change the audio volume. if I try to use the db slider in the audio tab it only changes the volume at the spot where the play indicator is.
Help would be appreciated.
You can put audio in any audio track, or you can use the music track or the voice over track. The Voice track is where you can record your own voice using a Microphone connected to your computer.

You can adjust your audio levels in Audio Mixing Room (F9).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 08. 2020 21:31

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

DeekLoo [Avatar]
[Post New]
You can put audio in any audio track, or you can use the music track or the voice over track. The Voice track is where you can record your own voice using a Microphone connected to your computer.

You can adjust your audio levels in Audio Mixing Room (F9).

Ok, I understand about puting the audio in any track. I just have a question regarding how to adjust the audio in the mixing room. When I try to adjust the db slider, it only changes the audio where the playhead is. I tried to adjust the audio using the gain slider but that didn't get it quite enough. How can I use the db slider on an entire track? I just want the music as background noise with my main audio track being the louder of the two.
[Thumb - volume room.JPG]
 Filename
volume room.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
103 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Remove the music clip and place it on the Music track instead from the library. While the music clip is highlighted hit the home key on the keyboard to place the scrubber at the beginning of the music clip. Open the Audio mixing room and adjust the volume up or down. This will be the volume for the whole clip from beginning to end unlike what you get on track 2 in your screenshot.
DeekLoo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Try this: Remove the music clip and place it on the Music track instead from the library. While the music clip is highlighted hit the home key on the keyboard to place the scrubber at the beginning of the music clip. Open the Audio mixing room and adjust the volume up or down. This will be the volume for the whole clip from beginning to end unlike what you get on track 2 in your screenshot.

Ok, so I tried what you said and it worked, but I was wondering what is the home key that you were talking about? It sounds a lot easier than what I had to do where I had to perfectly line up the playhead with my mouse.

Also, I was wondering how to adjust the volume of all the clips on my music track? When I adjusted it, it only editied the first clip. I was wondering if there was a way to merge and edit all the music's volume at once?
[Thumb - music audio.JPG]
 Filename
music audio.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
220 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)