Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Motion Tracking Mask Key Toggle
[Post New]
Hello,

I am using CD to mask out some video, and some frames do not get captured automatically. So I have to do a few frame by frame fixes.

I want to toggle between Brush and Erase. Would love to do that with my mouse (have a wheel, and two buttons) or keyboard.

How do I do that?

Or do you have another idea?

Thanks,

VeePo
[Post New]
Hello Veepo,

I would like to help, as I'm sure others would, but I'm having trouble understanding exactly what you're doing.

mask out some video, and some frames do not get captured automatically

Would it be possible to do a short screen capture showing what you're doing? That would help to clarify.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Quote Hello Veepo,

I would like to help, as I'm sure others would, but I'm having trouble understanding exactly what you're doing.

mask out some video, and some frames do not get captured automatically

Would it be possible to do a short screen capture showing what you're doing? That would help to clarify.

PIX

Good point.
Wish i could spell today, that is ERASE, not ERASSE!

Does this make sense?
[Thumb - CDhotkey.png]
 Filename
CDhotkey.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
902 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
13 time(s)
iammykyl [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Brisbane. Australia. Joined: Sep 02, 2018 06:23 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]

Good point.
Wish i could spell today, that is ERASE, not ERASSE!

Does this make sense?

Gday Veepo. Let us know if this video answers your question.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp3jBc4h4Oc iammykyl
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am using CD to mask out some video, and some frames do not get captured automatically. So I have to do a few frame by frame fixes.

I want to toggle between Brush and Erase. Would love to do that with my mouse (have a wheel, and two buttons) or keyboard.

How do I do that?

Veepo - That is a good question. There is no such animal in the CD Hotkey list (Shift - F12). The attached screenshot shows that you need to adjust your brush size significantly smaller in order not to include large areas on the left that you don’t want in the skateboard.mp4.

Once you are making the adjustments to the motion tracking mask, I found that holding down the Alt key changes the brush tool to an eraser. If using the eraser tool then holding down the Alt key changes it to be the brush tool temporarily. You can use either tool and just hold down the Alt key to do the function of the other tool. Hope this helps in your editing.
[Post New]
Quote: I found that holding down the Alt key changes the brush tool to an eraser. If using the eraser tool then holding down the Alt key changes it to be the brush tool temporarily.

There's your answer, Veepo! Good job, tomasc

That Alt key tip was also pointed out in the Sharper Turle video iammykyl linked.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]

Gday Veepo. Let us know if this video answers your question.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp3jBc4h4Oc

Thank you - solid video with great stuff!

Ultimately, it is an exercise in patience and grabbing great footage.

The Frame by Frame option - did not notice that!
iammykyl [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Brisbane. Australia. Joined: Sep 02, 2018 06:23 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]

Thank you - solid video with great stuff!

Ultimately, it is an exercise in patience and grabbing great footage.

The Frame by Frame option - did not notice that!

Yes, patience and perserverance.

I set autosave to 2 minutes and only edit clips recorded at 30fps.
A 60s clip @ 30fps = 1800f, if you had to adjust 200f (I managed 1fpm) = 3h20m
You can guess why I gave up trying 50fps.
I found the Sharper Turtle PD tutorials stay on subject and in chunks not too big to absorb. iammykyl