Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't get Newblue Effects 6 to work in PD365
ponderstibbons
Newbie Location: Champion Lakes, Western Australia Joined: Jan 19, 2011 08:28 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
My problem is that Newblue Essentials 6 simply won't load, even though it's installed on my c drive (in Program Files/Newblue/)
Other Newblue Essentials packs are also installed in this folder, and appear on the Effects Room menu.
The Newblue packs showing on the PD365 screenshot are Essentials Effects2, Essentials Effects3, Paint Effect, Essentials and Essentials7
I even bought the pack from Newblue a couple of days ago, thinking my original Cyberlink download may be incompatible through age, but this new one won't work either.
The effect I'm particularly looking for is Chroma Key Pro.
I've written to Cuberlink Help, but thought someone here may have had this problem also
I've been using Cyberlink products since PD5, back in 2005
Hoping someone can help
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
102 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
305 time(s)
[Thumb - Screen Shot Effects Menu.jpg]
 Filename
Screen Shot Effects Menu.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
217 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
13 time(s)
One Man, One Vote. The Patrician was the Man, he had the Vote.
Terry Pratchett (Mort).
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This looks like a bug. I'd noticed that the list of FX packages didn't seem complete but I hadn't carefully checked for missing packs on my setup until just now.

I can confirm that Essentials 1 and 6 are missing in PD18/365 even though they are both present when I open PD14 on the same machine:

The reason for the screwy order is that both 1 and 7 are called NewBlue Video Essentials (instead of simply NewBlue Essentials). Also, there actually isn't a "1" in the title of the first Essentials pack while the seventh pack is listed as Video Essentials VII; however, something is clearly wrong with PD18/365 since it doesn't even list two of the installed packs. I even tried reinstalling but that didn't make any difference.

ponderstibbons, I would request a refund from NewBlue for now and then we'll have to wait until CL fixes this in order to use any of the FX in these packs in PD18/365.

I have reported the issue on ticket CS002160229 (and also CS002160230 because I didn't get any confirmation that the first submission went through)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 19. 2020 17:50

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My problem is that Newblue Essentials 6 simply won't load, even though it's installed on my c drive (in Program Files/Newblue/)
Other Newblue Essentials packs are also installed in this folder, and appear on the Effects Room menu.
The Newblue packs showing on the PD365 screenshot are Essentials Effects2, Essentials Effects3, Paint Effect, Essentials and Essentials7
I even bought the pack from Newblue a couple of days ago, thinking my original Cyberlink download may be incompatible through age, but this new one won't work either.
I've written to Cuberlink Help, but thought someone here may have had this problem also
Hoping someone can help

Maybe 365 specific, my perpetual is okay.

Jeff
[Thumb - NB_PD18.PNG]
 Filename
NB_PD18.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
50 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Good to know. Thank you!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

[Post New]
Quote My problem is that Newblue Essentials 6 simply won't load, even though it's installed on my c drive (in Program Files/Newblue/)
Hoping someone can help

This is unlikely helpful. But I did managed to download the demo (non paid, with watermark) and it worked using PD365. Not sure if they are the same installer.

VeePo
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This is unlikely helpful. But I did managed to download the demo (non paid, with watermark) and it worked using PD365. Not sure if they are the same installer.

VeePo

As far as I know, Maliek has been using the PD365 for all of his tutorial as he states here: https://youtu.be/ty__glf7nH4 .

The NB essential 6 was one of the pack that came with PD14 Ultimate. If anyone still has it installed then they can complete much of the project using the NB6 in PD14 before finishing it up in PD365. It is possible that PD365 users may be able to use previouly installed NB packs in older versions of PD that are still installed. That is probably what Veepo just experienced.
optodata
[Post New]
Thanks for everyone's inputs. I just heard back from tech support, and it's not a PD18/365 issue per se, but there seems to be some kind of underlying issue on my and OP's machines.

Here are the main instructions:
For troubleshooting purposes, you are advised to uninstall the PowerDirector 14, PowerDirector 18/365, and the "NewBlue Video Essentials" plugins specifically (Essentials I and Essentials VI) at Windows Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program.

After uninstalled, reboot Windows, and then reinstall back the PowerDirector 14 first.

After PowerDirector 14 reinstalled, reboot Windows again and reinstall PowerDirector 365 to check if the NewBlue Video Essential plugins show up.

I performed all the steps, and the only snag was that the Essentials 6 pack was still missing after I reinstalled PD14. I have all the separate NewBlue pack installers, so I manually installed that pack and it showed up in PD14.

After rebooting I reinstalled PD365 and now everything works properly, although the #5 pack got renamed from "Essentials 5" to "Video Essentials V" so it's in a different place in the order:

ponderstibbons, do/did you have an older version of PD installed, especially PD14? If so, try these steps and let us know how it goes.

If you don't have an older PD version, try uninstalling PD365 and manually add pack 6 from NewBlue's installer. Make sure you have the Cyberlink PowerDirector (64-bit) box checked on the list of apps to install the FX for, then reboot and install PD365 again.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 20. 2020 16:52

YouTube/optodata

ponderstibbons
Newbie Location: Champion Lakes, Western Australia Joined: Jan 19, 2011 08:28 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
I contacted Newblue, and bought the current plug-in. Still wouldn't work, so sent them an email.
Then contacted Cyberlink Customer Support.
Amazingly, both got back to me within 24 hours!!
After uninstalling PD18, rebooting, re-installing PD18, rebooting, then installing NB Effects 6, BINGO! - works just as it should.
Thanks for suggestions here as well. One Man, One Vote. The Patrician was the Man, he had the Vote.
Terry Pratchett (Mort).
She99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 09, 2021 02:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I also am unable to get my plug ins to work. I am also trying to use the chroma key options.
Chrisland [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2018 05:33 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Same here, just bought and don't show up in PD365. I have no older version installed of PD.