Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
After saving to 4K, going back to Time line I get panel.. Do you want to shadow etc
ozstar [Avatar]
Member Location: Sydney OZ Joined: Apr 21, 2012 20:13 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

After saving to 4K, when I go back to Time line, I am shown a panel which reminds me I have saved to 4K, it is bringing it into the project and do I want to use shadow.

Thing is, I am not bringing it into the time line. I just saved it to 4K.

Does it really bring it in, or is the orig still there for further saves at whatever I want?

Thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Let's make sure we're all on the same page regarding the terms you're using here:

You produced a video to 4K, and when you finished and went back to the Edit page, PD automatically loaded the produced clip into your Media Library. It's not on the timeline (nor will you put it there), but PD gives you the shadow files prompt because a high resolution clip has been imported.

You can click No on the prompt, or go to Settings and disable shadow files, whichever makes the most sense for you.

Nothing has changed on your timeline, and you're free to make any new changes you want or save the project as is.

If you don't want the produced clip in your library at all, you'll either have to right-click on and choose Remove from Library or save the project before producing and then close PD after the producing is finished. There is no way to stop PD from automatically adding the produced clip to the library.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
ozstar [Avatar]
Member Location: Sydney OZ Joined: Apr 21, 2012 20:13 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Let's make sure we're all on the same page regarding the terms you're using here:

You produced a video to 4K, and when you finished and went back to the Edit page, PD automatically loaded the produced clip into your Media Library. It's not on the timeline (nor will you put it there), but PD gives you the shadow files prompt because a high resolution clip has been imported.

You can click No on the prompt, or go to Settings and disable shadow files, whichever makes the most sense for you.

Nothing has changed on your timeline, and you're free to make any new changes you want or save the project as is.

If you don't want the produced clip in your library at all, you'll either have to right-click on and choose Remove from Library or save the project before producing and then close PD after the producing is finished. There is no way to stop PD from automatically adding the produced clip to the library.

Thank you.

This is exactly what I wanted to hear ! :