Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to convert a black and white negative image into a positive image?
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
I have alread scanned some 5x4 B&W negatives and would like to produce some prints after I've removed scatches and spot marks.
Any help to produce a positive image from a B&W image would be gratefully accepted.

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The answer for the B&W images is here in the 2nd thread of this recent post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/81477.page#335292 .
[Post New]
Hello Kyle,

Nice to see you still exploring photography & visiting the forum laughing

I just made a PhD preset (it's on DZ) that does exactly what you're asking. When adjusting the curve, in this case, it's important to remember to uncheck 'Tonal Region".

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote The answer for the B&W images is here in the 2nd thread of this recent post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/81477.page#335292 .

hi tomsac, hope you're safe and well. Thank you for your reply it was most helpful in prompting me to get the ole gray matter thinking again( must be all this sitting around ( I wish )!

B&W negative
It was the Tonal Region setting the foxed me, but as you can see, I followed your advice.
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote Hello Kyle,

Nice to see you still exploring photography & visiting the forum laughing

I just made a PhD preset (it's on DZ) that does exactly what you're asking. When adjusting the curve, in this case, it's important to remember to uncheck 'Tonal Region".

PIX

Hi Pix, Hope you keeping safe & well.
Yes I still look in every so often but haven't had too much time to experiment recently until now. It appears now to be the near perfect time to catch up and a lot of those jobs that's been put at the back of your mind to do when you're quite. I still don't think that I'll be able to digitise all my library but it's a start laughing
Thanks for your help but I had already followed tomsacs advice. Strangly enough, I did trie to reply to tomasc earlier on, but for some reason couldn't post my reply until now! Must be too many people on Tinternet no doubt smile