Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Director Zone Navigation
icgpamretired1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 16, 2014 20:08 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone else have this problem: Everytime I do a search on DirectorZone, enter my parameters for a search, click on an entry and download it (or not)...when I hit the back button on my browser all my parameters have to be reset. As an exampleof parameters, I choose motion PIP, downloaded favorites, all time, 16:9. Is there a way around this or am I overlooking something simple?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There's a bit of a learning curve on the DZ website, and I think this post will cover most of what you're looking for.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
icgpamretired1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote There's a bit of a learning curve on the DZ website, and I think this post will cover most of what you're looking for.

Optodata,

Thanks so much for that. We are creatures of habit and I've just been using my browser back button. I suspected Cyberlink did it a unique way that is always easier and more stable.

The only other anomally I experience with this amazing product and website is when I click on any cyberlink.com page (tutorial, specific info), the page comes up for a few seconds and then it reverts automatically to my "home" page where all my subscription info is found. Maybe you can answer that...but the one you answered will help immensely. Thanks again.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
icgpamretired1 - These issue happen when MS Edge and IE is used. There is also a gray translucent veil at the top seen on the download page of the asset. None of these issues are there if you use Google Chrome. Hit the back button and you are at the previous page as expected. Try it if you want.
icgpamretired1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote icgpamretired1 - These issue happen when MS Edge and IE is used. There is also a gray translucent veil at the top seen on the download page of the asset. None of these issues are there if you use Google Chrome. Hit the back button and you are at the previous page as expected. Try it if you want.

Tomasc,

I get the veil and the backward button problem as well, but I use Chrome.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I loaded both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome to show the difference on my pc. Every one knows that in MS Edge and IE has a veil at the top and hitting the back button produces a screen that you must refresh to continue. See the screenshot.

Today I found that by having both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome open to the same DirectorZone pages then the back button works properly in IE and there is no message to refresh the screen.

It would be great for someone to confirm that the issues with the DZ does not exist if Google chrome is open to the same pages as in IE. It is possible leaving Chrome open to a DZ page and not using it allows IE or Edge to work properly with the back button. This is what I found today with IE and Chrome both opened.
[Thumb - DZ Browsers.jpg]
 Filename
DZ Browsers.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Google Chrome has no veil and back button works properly,
 Filesize
572 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 05. 2020 18:23

icgpamretired1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Wow! This appears to be a major problem. I thought Cyberlink provided a "back to search button" or some such...but it does not. My original problem still exists. If you change the parameters for a search, click on an entry, and try to go back to your search, the site just resets to the original page with the pre-chosen tabs. So if I search for Titles, favorited, all time, 16:9, then click on an entry, I cannot go back to my set search parameters but must start all over again. This is a serious flaw in DZ. I use chrome, but tomasc said it was worse in IE and/or Edge. Anyone use a different browser without this problem?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
As far as I'm aware, that issue isn't browser specific which is why I suggested opening each item in a new tab or window so the previous search contents and position aren't lost.

It would be great if the website was updated to make navigation easier, and one place to let Cyberlink know that's important is to use Rate Us & Provide Suggestions under PD's File menu.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

icgpamretired1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote As far as I'm aware, that issue isn't browser specific which is why I suggested opening each item in a new tab or window so the previous search contents and position aren't lost.

It would be great if the website was updated to make navigation easier, and one place to let Cyberlink know that's important is to use Rate Us & Provide Suggestions under PD's File menu.

Optodata, ok I'll try that. That is not much trouble to go through...a simple work around. Thanks so much.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
It looks like that l am locked out of the cyberlink forums and support after opening ie and chrome after doing the navigation test with both browsers open to the same dz pages. Get 403 - Forbidden now with my internet provider. Can someone here or the moderator help get me unblocked for doing this testing. I have to use mobile data to send this message from my phone. Thanks.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It looks like that l am locked out of the cyberlink forums and support after opening ie and chrome after doing the navigation test with both browsers open to the same dz pages. Get 403 - Forbidden now with my internet provider. Can someone here or the moderator help get me unblocked for doing this testing. I have to use mobile data to send this message from my phone. Thanks.

Probably nothing from your little test, I've been having similar forum issues, very sporadic for the last 2 weeks, everything else I use internet wise is fine, even cyberlink.com. Forum is usually available again in 5-30 minutes or so, sometimes longer. Mobile data probably works as it went through different servers vs your internet provider. When it has these issues, I also note all my read posts are misidentified when the forum is available again.

Jeff
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi tomasc -

I agree with Jeff that it's probably not directly related to the test you did where multiple browsers were opened on the same DZ page. Since reading your post I've done exactly the same thing repeatedly using MS Edge, Google Chrome & Mozilla Firefox - same DZ pages open concurrently on multiple browsers... and here I am. Honestly, I can't recall ever seeing that "403 - Forbidden" message when trying to access the CL forums or any other CL site.

There certainly is a more general issue with lags & time-outs with the forum & DZ. Maybe you've just copped a rare strain of the virus! (sorry - not funny)

Have you tried (in each browser) clearing history, cookies etc? I'm stabbing in the dark a bit 'cos I don't have a clue what might have caused that issue.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 08. 2020 17:12

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Tony for your help. The issue is resolved now. The PM told me already as I had also wrote a support ticket about it. Could not access the Cyberlink forums and support on any computer, tablet, and phone while using the local home internet provider. I can access it at work. At home can access it on my phone by turning off wi-fi and using mobile data on my cell phone.

I did clear the browser cache which did not help. Change the DNS server to the public Google one also did not help. I cannot change my public IP address from my internet provider as it is fixed.

The DZ navigation has improved. Hitting the Back button is working today without getting a message that you need to refresh to resend the data on IE. The veil is still there unless one uses Google Chrome.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote The DZ navigation has improved. Hitting the Back button is working today without getting a message that you need to refresh to resend the data on IE. The veil is still there unless one uses Google Chrome.

The back button works for me only if I'm browsing pages of pre-defined lists. If I use search, then pick an item and try to go back, I get the refresh notice.

Also, you can see that Edge has the veil but Opera doesn't:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 09. 2020 02:16

YouTube/optodata