Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A question about titles
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Have a question on titles and their aspect ratio.
When I wan to download a title, I click on Free Templates from my project Title window. When that page opens, I then select 16:9 aspect. Because the type of title I want isn't shown, I type a name in the Search box. When the next page comes us many titles that I'm interested in come up. However, there is no way to see what aspect any of them are unless I click on one for preview. I tried Properties but that doesn't show the aspect. If it isn't the 16:9, or if it isn't the title I want, then the only way to get back to the page that has the type titles I want is to hit the back arrow on the broswer bar and that takes me back to the title page where I have to reselect 16:9, then do another search and go through the same exercise again.
Am I missing something or is there a way to determine the aspect of a title without clicking on it to preview? Also, if it isn't the right title, is their an easier way to get back to the page that has the type of title I want without having to use the back arrow on the browser?
I tried to make this as understandable as I know how. If you need additional info, please let me know.
Thanks for any head-up. As always, appreciate the experts in the forums. Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Rather than trying to do this from inside PD, you might find it easier to go directly to the DZ website and search using your regular browser. In my example, I searched for "love" from the main page and clicked on Titles to expand the options below.

There is an Aspect Ratio switch that you can select to filter everything else out, and you should see thumbnails of the first 16 titles that match. These snippets show my choices in yellow text:

You can click on any one of the displayed thumbnails, then click on the Download link if you like it. Once it's in your PC's download folder, just double-click on it to add it to your Title collection. PD can be open or closed when you do this.

While you're on the website browsing for more titles, be sure to use the navigation buttons near the bottom to go to the next/prev page, beginning/end of the list, or a specific page. That way you won't need to refesh the page and start your search all over again!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Rather than trying to do this from inside PD, you might find it easier to go directly to the DZ website and search using your regular browser. In my example, I searched for "love" from the main page and clicked on Titles to expand the options below.

There is an Aspect Ratio switch that you can select to filter everything else out, and you should see thumbnails of the first 16 titles that match. These snippets show my choices in yellow text:

You can click on any one of the displayed thumbnails, then click on the Download link if you like it. Once it's in your PC's download folder, just double-click on it to add it to your Title collection. PD can be open or closed when you do this.

While you're on the website browsing for more titles, be sure to use the navigation buttons near the bottom to go to the next/prev page, beginning/end of the list, or a specific page. That way you won't need to refesh the page and start your search all over again!

Thanks Optodata for your response.
I did go to DZ page using the link in PD. For some reason, when I typed the name of the title in the search box and those titles came up, I didn't see the Aspect Ratio box. Could be something with my computer, I don't know. Anyway, I just tried it again and sure enough the aspect ratio box was there. Clicked on the aspect ratio I wanted and the titles came up. Clicked on a couple to download and 1 was in my Titles files. Don't know what happened to the other one. No problem though.
The only other thing I haven't been able to unravel is: when I click on a title to preview it, and decide I don't want it, there is no way to get back to the page with the titles having the aspect ratio I want unless I use the back arrow in the browser and re-do the search thing again. That's no problem. I'll live with it.
Again, thank you for the heads up. Appreciate your help. Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks Optodata for your response.
The only other thing I haven't been able to unravel is: when I click on a title to preview it, and decide I don't want it, there is no way to get back to the page with the titles having the aspect ratio I want unless I use the back arrow in the browser and re-do the search thing again. That's no problem. I'll live with it.

Yeah, that's a real drawback with DZ's web pages design. If you can remember to right-click on a template when you want to preview it, you can then choose to open it in a new page or new tab. When you're done, simply close that tab/window and you'll still have the main page just as you left it

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 23. 2018 12:11

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°