Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
unable to detect YouCam
gabsu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 03, 2020 14:31 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
I am unable to detect the camera in the device manager (no "imaging devices" section). YouCam software is also not detecting camera installed. It is integrated camera on HP ProBook 430.
What I did so far:

• I tried to add "legacy" device in the device manager

• I installed YouCam 9

• I also reinstalled system, no sucess

Is this hardware problem and I need to go to the service with my laptop or do you have any solution for me? Thanks for any help
printscrn is from YouCam4 which is original coming with Windows reboot but with ver 9 same message.
[Thumb - youcam4.PNG]
 Filename
youcam4.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
[Thumb - device manager.PNG]
 Filename
device manager.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello,
I am unable to detect the camera in the device manager (no "imaging devices" section). YouCam software is also not detecting camera installed. It is integrated camera on HP ProBook 430.
What I did so far:

• I tried to add "legacy" device in the device manager

• I installed YouCam 9

• I also reinstalled system, no sucess

Is this hardware problem and I need to go to the service with my laptop or do you have any solution for me? Thanks for any help
printscrn is from YouCam4 which is original coming with Windows reboot but with ver 9 same message.

Hi gabsu,

After reading the pic of your device manager, it seems there's no physical camera detected on your NB.
You may need to contact HP for more info.

Hope this helps.