Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audiodirector can no longer save my changes to send back to powerdirector
Thi Ngoc Anh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 01, 2017 16:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
i have the director suite 5 which has the comlete set with powerdirector 15 and audiodirector 7.

i always record with my iphone & import to powerdirector for editing.

I also always boost the volume of my video from within powerdirector that takes me director to audiodirector. Once i boost the volume, I just click go back & normally everything is saved in wav format & imported back automatically in powerdirector 15.

Out of the blue, audiodirector is giving me an error message that it cannot save the audio format in wav. I uninstalling the whole package & re-installing from scratch & nothing seems to work.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 03. 2020 18:23

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I also always boost the volume of my video from within powerdirector that takes me director to audiodirector. Once i boost the volume, I just click go back & normally everything is saved in wav format & imported back automatically in powerdirector 15.

Out of the blue, audiodirector is giving me an error message that it cannot save the audio format in wav. I uninstalling the whole package & re-installing from scratch & nothing seems to work.

I believe that the audio from an iphone is in the aac format. Have never tried to save it as a wav before hitting the back button. Increasing the audio volume can be done with WaveEditor or the PD15 Audio room too. In audiodirector, increasing the volume of a clip from PD15 timeline does not allow saving as a wav file or producing which is grayed out. You are only allowed to use the back button to return to PD15.It will be in the same audio format that you started with. Have you tried it with the sample windsurfing clip to see if it will work?

If you are doing everything correctly then it may be time to contact Cyberlink support. Another user may have some other ideas here.
[Post New]
Hello Thi Ngoc Anh,

Welcome to the AudioDirector forum laughing

I can think of no reason ADR might be throwing up such an alert. The round trip process between PDR & ADR is working correctly here (see screen capture).

Tomasc is correct. iPhone audio is in AAC LC (Advanced Audio Codec - Low Complexity). I wouldn't think that that has any bearing on this issue.

It may well be an issue you need to take up with the Technical Support team.

PIX PIX YouTube channel