Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Application Manager - where to find downloaded files??
gregp1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2020 14:45 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Sometimes it seems impossible to find files installed by Application Manager. I installed some Media sound packs fine this afternoon, and they showed up in Media Library > Background Music. It wasn't obvious they were from that sound pack, I just worked it out by sorting by date added (if it's the Saloon pack, why not show them as being part of the Saloon pack so we can see??). But then I tried downloading just one sound on its own (a telephone sound from the Office Sounds pack), and I can't find it anywhere! I had the same problem with Callouts Pack and Motion Graphic Titles.

Firstly can someone help me find these, but also find a solution to help work out where to find others in the future? Surely there should be some notificaton or something to say where your shiny new thing has been put?

I am new here but it seems odd to have to have a separate application to install new content rather than just download from within the program itself, but to then have no way of finding out for sure where that new content has gone is truly bizarre!

Oh I did get a Windows notification saying the telephone sound had been installed in the 'feature room', but there is no 'feature room'! So I don't know if that's a generic message or if that is supposed to direct me to a hidden area I've not found yet.

Thanks in anticipation all!

Regards,
Greg

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 01. 2020 02:06

davidh1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2018 18:35 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Sometimes it seems impossible to find files installed by Application Manager. I installed some Media sound packs fine this afternoon, and they showed up in Media Library > Background Music. It wasn't obvious they were from that sound pack, I just worked it out by sorting by date added (if it's the Saloon pack, why not show them as being part of the Saloon pack so we can see??). But then I tried downloading just one sound on its own (a telephone sound from the Office Sounds pack), and I can't find it anywhere! I had the same problem with Callouts Pack and Motion Graphic Titles.

Firstly can someone help me find these, but also find a solution to help work out where to find others in the future? Surely there should be some notificaton or something to say where your shiny new thing has been put?

I am new here but it seems odd to have to have a separate application to install new content rather than just download from within the program itself, but to then have no way of finding out for sure where that new content has gone is truly bizarre!

Oh I did get a Windows notification saying the telephone sound had been installed in the 'feature room', but there is no 'feature room'! So I don't know if that's a generic message or if that is supposed to direct me to a hidden area I've not found yet.

Thanks in anticipation all!

Regards,
Greg

All mine seem to be downloaded into C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded Audio
Most are preview files which will have been downloaded. Actual full file added when audio downloaded with application manager.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 01. 2020 05:09

gregp1 [Avatar]
[Post New]

All mine seem to be downloaded into C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded Audio
Most are preview files which will have been downloaded. Actual full file added when audio downloaded with application manager.

Thanks for that, well yes I can certainly find some downloaded audio files in those folders, thanks. But my question is really whereabouts in Cyberlink PowerDirector do those files show up, not so much where on the PC are they stored? So if Application Manager has downloaded them to that folder, do I have to then browse there manually and import them somehow, or should they automatically show up somewhere within PowerDirecor? If so, how do I find out "where" each new file / effect will appear after I've download it? Or is it really the case that I just have to hunt through every option in the program and hope I notice a new effect somewhere??

Thanks,
Greg

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02. 2020 17:22

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You've covered a pretty broad range of issues in your posts, and it's generally better to stick with specifics to give us volunteers a better shot at helping you out.

Whenever you install any program, pack or clip from the App Manager, once it says the installation is completed there aren't any other steps you have to do.

In the case of Motion Graphics, the titles will always appear in the Motion Graphics section of the Titles Room. Note that you may need to click on the blue chevron to expand/display Explorer View:

Same goes for the Callout Pack, which has 160 items in the Video Overlay/ PiP Room

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
gregp1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You've covered a pretty broad range of issues in your posts, and it's generally better to stick with specifics to give us volunteers a better shot at helping you out.

Whenever you install any program, pack or clip from the App Manager, once it says the installation is completed there aren't any other steps you have to do.

In the case of Motion Graphics, the titles will always appear in the Motion Graphics section of the Titles Room. Note that you may need to click on the blue chevron to expand/display Explorer View:

Same goes for the Callout Pack, which has 160 items in the Video Overlay/ PiP Room

Thanks very much for your reply! I will remember your comment about multiple questions.

So that's helpful to know - but how do you KNOW that the Callout Pack ends up in the Video Overlay / PiP room? Or that Motion Graphics end up in the Title Room? I'm glad you know where things end up, but what process did you follow to find that? Is there a hidden look-up table somewhere? Or was it trial and error? Or something else? For a noob like me I feel like there's some bit in the middle missing which says where each thing you download ends up.

Thanks,
Greg
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Honestly much of my knowledge has come from working with people here who have trouble, and either another member posts the answer, or I try to do the same thing on my end and figure out out where things end up

Sometimes it's more obvious, like when it's clearly called a title pack and the new content shows up in the Title Room. In other cases like this, it's more about using PD's Explorer View to look for clues, although some packs are spread across several different rooms. Sometimes, even knowing what kind of content you've just downloaded doesn't help, like in this case.

You might want to use the Rate Us & Provide Suggestions tool under the File menu to submit feedback on your experience and how you'd like to see the packs be labeled more consistently once inside PD. Tell them the content should also be described more clearly so that users won't have to work so hard to find these things they just installed!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 03. 2020 01:37

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
gregp1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Honestly much of my knowledge has come from working with people here who have trouble, and either another member posts the answer, or I try to do the same thing on my end and figure out out where things end up

Sometimes it's more obvious, like when it's clearly called a title pack and the new content shows up in the Title Room. In other cases like this, it's more about using PD's Explorer View to look for clues, although some packs are spread across several different rooms. Sometimes, even knowing what kind of content you've just downloaded doesn't help, like in this case.

You might want to use the Rate Us & Provide Suggestions tool under the File menu to submit feedback on your experience and how you'd like to see the packs be labeled more consistently once inside PD. Tell them the content should also be described more clearly so that users won't have to work so hard to find these things they just installed!

OK thanks. I thought it was a foregone conclusion there would obviously be some way of knowing this, that was really the premise of my question. I didn't seriously think they would just not have included this feature *at all*! I'll provide that feedback, thanks for your help!