Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
?How to download templates, sound effects, etc. packs?
Micheal49 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2019 12:42 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
The question pretty much says it all. I have been trying download some of the (free with subscription) additional templates, sound effects, etc. without any luck. (Yes, I have a PD18 subscription)

I used the search function to try to find directons for downloading additional templates, packs, and such, but the directions were incomplete and/or inaccurate. For instance, there was one line that said to click on the "Download" button, but there is no such button anywhere on the page
(https://www.cyberlink.com/products/add-ons/powerdirector/music/sound-fx_en_US.html).

When I click on one of the tabs (like the first top left-- "Sound Effect - Office Sounds", that generates a new page (https://www.cyberlink.com/products/add-ons/partner-sound-effect-daily-life_en_US.html?productName=powerdirector&catName1=music&catName2=sound-fx)
that has a place where you can play the sounds, but there is nothing to indicate how to download.

If someone has clear, complete, accurate directions for downloading, I would appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Micheal.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Michael -

You're using the CyberLink Application Manager, yes? That's the only way I know to download updates, packs & music for the subscription version of PDR.

From your description, it sounds like you're trying to download diectly from the CL website.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Micheal49 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote G'day Michael -

You're using the CyberLink Application Manager, yes? That's the only way I know to download updates, packs & music for the subscription version of PDR.

From your description, it sounds like you're trying to download diectly from the CL website.

Cheers - Tony

Well, there's your problem

That was the answer! Thank you very much!

Micheal.
Micheal49 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote G'day Michael -

Cheers - Tony

PS: Good tutorials. (subscriber)

Micheal.
sharon19 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2020 14:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have just downloaded the action pack however i cant see this in powerdirector? how do i locate what has been downloaded??
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have just downloaded the action pack however i cant see this in powerdirector? how do i locate what has been downloaded??

Different packs contain different items, like titles, PiP objects and particles. The Action Pack contains all 3, and you will find the pack's content in each "room" as shown below for PiP Objects:

sharon19 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2020 14:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Different packs contain different items, like titles, PiP objects and particles. The Action Pack contains all 3, and you will find the pack's content in each "room" as shown below for PiP Objects:

I have downloaded Action pack vol 1. which just has title templates and transitions. When i go into these items in powerdirector 365 or powerdirector 18, it doesnt show up. is this vol not compatible with the powerdirector versions i have?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I think it would help to have more info. Are you using the App Manager to download the packs (if you have the subscription version), or are you downloading the pack separately? Packs often have a minimum version requirement, as editro versions before the date they were released will not have the necessary functionality, but I don't know of any situations where a newer version of PD is incompatible.

You've said that you've "downloaded" the pack, and I'd like to confirm that you've actually installed it as well. Usually the content will show up in PD right away, but there have been some cases where you have to close PD and reopen it to see the new items. Rebooting shouldn't be needed, though.

It's also possible that you have the project aspect ratio set on a value that the downloaded content doesn't support, such as 1:1. Try changing it to 16:9 and see if the content then appears.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 21. 2020 22:55

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
keithwjones [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2019 18:53 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
Yesterday I had to close PD then reopen.

Keith