Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Capture from smartphone
StewartM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 19, 2019 13:51 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I would like to capture video directly to Powerdirector on my laptop from an Android smartphone. The phone would be connected by USB 3 or wifi. This would allow me to view recorded footage with the phone in situ, so I can re record if necessary before moving the phone to a new shot.

Any suggestions?

Best regards
Stewart.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Just do everything on the Android phone and then transfer the MP4 files to your PC for editing when you're finished.

There's also an Android app called PD Mobile if you'd rather do the editing on your phone. It's a more basic editor than the full PD version, but it may be enough for simple projects.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 27. 2019 15:48

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I would like to capture video directly to Powerdirector on my laptop from an Android smartphone. The phone would be connected by USB 3 or wifi. This would allow me to view recorded footage with the phone in situ, so I can re record if necessary before moving the phone to a new shot.

Any suggestions?

Best regards
Stewart.

On my desktop system (ethernet connected) my Nokia 5.1 plus will connect via DroidCam and usb.

PDR 365 picks it up as a webcam and the capture module works as expected.

I haven't tried it on the laptop via wifi.

Can't say for other phones and systems but hope that helps.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
StewartM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 19, 2019 13:51 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]

On my desktop system (ethernet connected) my Nokia 5.1 plus will connect via DroidCam and usb.

PDR 365 picks it up as a webcam and the capture module works as expected.

I haven't tried it on the laptop via wifi.

Can't say for other phones and systems but hope that helps.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks. This does exactly what I wanted.