Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CyberLink Support Center - Downloads Page
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I really don't care for the new CL support center downloads page. Why would they remove build numbers from the patch page? Now one has to go through the whole download process to get the build from the filename.

They provide, https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=2336
"The version and build number generally looks like "18.0.2028". The number "18" is the major version number; "0" is the secondary version number, and "2028" stands for the build number. The build number is useful for determining if it is necessary to install a patch update."

But then don't supply a build number on the downloads page, strange.

Jeff
[Thumb - CL_Downloads.png]
 Filename
CL_Downloads.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
99 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I didn't realize that they changed that whole section of the website. There's also a bug on the linked page (which is in English), because if you click on the "patch update" hyperlink, it takes you to a page in Korean.

I agree that there's no benefit in omitting the patch version number, and it's even stranger because the new layout provides such expansive details on the issues addressed by each patch. I imagine these shortcomings can be iquickly resolved if the PDM can share this feedback with web dev team.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I didn't realize that they changed that whole section of the website. There's also a bug on the linked page (which is in English), because if you click on the "patch update" hyperlink, it takes you to a page in Korean.

I agree that there's no benefit in omitting the patch version number, and it's even stranger because the new layout provides such expansive details on the issues addressed by each patch. I imagine these shortcomings can be iquickly resolved if the PDM can share this feedback with web dev team.

I didn't mention it, but I had already sent response to CL about Chinese language in link since that page had a "Was this information helpful to you?" which you could respond to, maybe they will update sometime. The downloads page does not have such a feature so I posted in the forum so one of the PDM's could maybe pass on.

I really don't see any new expansive details in the new layout, the info looks the same as the old, pic attached. It's just really hard to believe a group would redesign the updates web interface page and say, removing the build number sounds like a great idea, let’s do it. Attention to their product details is always lacking on so many fronts.

Jeff
[Thumb - Update_2405.PNG]
 Filename
Update_2405.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
50 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Jeff,

We have passed on your concerns and this thread to CL customer support team.

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello Jeff,

We have passed on your concerns and this thread to CL customer support team.

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

CL support team correct the Chinese link and more importantly added a note for the build number to each patch.

Jeff
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all -

I'm pleased Jeff has raised this, and that it's been referred to CL.

The new layout was less user-friendly for the reasons outlined above... but appears to have been corrected already smile OOPS! As Jeff stated above embarassed

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - PDR Updates.png]
 Filename
PDR Updates.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 27. 2019 14:20

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!