Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Movies plays empty frames.
wmike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2019 09:11 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I have a very short video - it should stop at 00.00.43.23 - there is nothing in any part of the timeline after this. However - it just keeps going with a black screen.

Any suggestions anyone, please?

Many thanks,

Mike
[Thumb - powerDirectorTimeline.PNG]
 Filename
powerDirectorTimeline.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
119 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
TDK1044 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 11, 2019 12:27 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi all,

I have a very short video - it should stop at 00.00.43.23 - there is nothing in any part of the timeline after this. However - it just keeps going with a black screen.

Any suggestions anyone, please?

Many thanks,

Mike

When you're ready to produce your video, have PD produce a selected range, and then give the software a start and end point of that selected range.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
High possibility that there is some piece of media, a title, a particle or thelike somewhere, minutes or hours away on your timeline. Try pressing the END-key, which should bring PD to the end of the very last piece in your timeline, and then press the + at the bottom left to enlarge the items (/details) on the timeline. Maybe you will find something the got astay.
The easy way of course is the TDK1044 solution ;
wmike [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

As I mentioned, there are no 'stray' bits. There is nothing after the timeline point I mentioned above.

Can't really see how to select just a section of the video - tried that - producing just gives standard options.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Can't really see how to select just a section of the video - tried that - producing just gives standard options.

This video shows what TDK1044 suggested can be done in 11 seconds: https://youtu.be/SUTIWs_VwOU .
wmike [Avatar]
[Post New]

This video shows what TDK1044 suggested can be done in 11 seconds: https://youtu.be/SUTIWs_VwOU .

LOL. I'm not getting any younger. Hadn't spotted the 'handles.'

Thanks for the help. laughing