Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Update takes forever
Edge321 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2016 04:37 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hoe long does it take, I am updating for a few hours now from the application manager And yes, did arestart
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
It is slow here too. My guess is that since there are updates for all programs, the Cyberlink download servers are very busy.
TDK1044 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 11, 2019 12:27 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hoe long does it take, I am updating for a few hours now from the application manager And yes, did arestart

I downloaded and installed the new patch in a couple of minutes.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
>2. hours for the whole package.
curtain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2019 21:07 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Quote >2. hours for the whole package.

Package updates usually take forever so I am not surprised. I am stuck on a screen that says updating Cyberlink Application Manager. I will try again later if this goes on.
Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]

Package updates usually take forever so I am not surprised. I am stuck on a screen that says updating Cyberlink Application Manager. I will try again later if this goes on.

i was impatient and stopped waiting after 10 mins, and downloaded the application manager directly, which was done in no time, after which it took (me) > 2 hours to download and implemented the software....
TDK1044 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 11, 2019 12:27 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
I was talking about GM 3 patch update v.2405. It took about 60 seconds to download, and the install was even faster. Are you guys talking about something different, or was it because I was downloading at 6am this morning?
curtain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2019 21:07 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]

i was impatient and stopped waiting after 10 mins, and downloaded the application manager directly, which was done in no time, after which it took (me) > 2 hours to download and implemented the software....

Well that worked. Updating PD now. Downloading fast.
I think the App Manager was stuck and I am not sure it ever would have come out had I not reinstalled it.
Edge321 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2016 04:37 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded the CyberLink Application Manager again and that worked.
Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I was talking about GM 3 patch update v.2405. It took about 60 seconds to download, and the install was even faster. Are you guys talking about something different, or was it because I was downloading at 6am this morning?

It is 2405.0 (365) I am talking about. 6am might have made the difference, although it may have been at the same time I was downloading in the afternoon ;

I think that the Application manager might very well be the culprit. I am downloading some packages which takes forever.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 20. 2019 09:49