Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 18 crashes on Fix and Enhance button
Graepat 2 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Oct 08, 2018 23:31 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. to all PD users I have purchased every PD since 7 and have had a terrific run with only a few crashes.( Very little until I upgraded my PC.) PD 18 has created a problem with Fix and Enhance button when pushed to use stabilize or any other fix. It simply shuts down .Every thing else works fine. Geforce GTX 970.. CPU. intel i7 3930 K.. memory 16 g. Is anyone else having this problem?
TDK1044 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 11, 2019 12:27 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi. to all PD users I have purchased every PD since 7 and have had a terrific run with only a few crashes.( Very little until I upgraded my PC.) PD 18 has created a problem with Fix and Enhance button when pushed to use stabilize or any other fix. It simply shuts down .Every thing else works fine. Geforce GTX 970.. CPU. intel i7 3930 K.. memory 16 g. Is anyone else having this problem?

I can't replicate this with PD18 Ultimate. I tried all the fix enhance options and they all work fine. Have you tried updating your Nvidia drivers?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's not a commonly reported problem. It would really help if you would follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread and attach the DxDiag results (which will show which video drivers are installed, among many other details). Also, we need to know the full version PD number, as mentioned in that thread.

It's also possible that the issue is related to the specific clip(s) you're working with, and if you could upload a short sample clip to Google Drive, OneDrive, etc. and paste the link here, then we can also check to see if there might be an issue with it in PD.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Graepat 2, does selecting the Keyframes tab under the media library cause the instant crash too?

Additionally, does Fix / Enhance of a pure audio file on the timeline open correctly?

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 13. 2019 18:44

Graepat 2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Graepat 2, does selecting the Keyframes tab under the media library cause the instant crash too?

Additionally, does Fix / Enhance of a pure audio file on the timeline open correctly?

Jeff
Yes selecting the keyframe tab does cause it to crash instantly. Have updated the gpu Gtx 970 441-20 has not helped. .The moment i click on the Fix and Enhance button it shuts down., So i separated the audio from the video ,then deleted the video and clicked the fix and enhance button, and it worked was able to adjust the wind or stationary noise . will post the rest of the request later on.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 14. 2019 05:12

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Graepat 2, from the symptoms you note, I believe it is another common problem of PD18. If you are comfortable with regedit, you might try this support option to correct.

1) close PD
2) open regedit and browse for the registry key Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CyberLink\DSP_EffectLogger
3) right click on “DSP_EffectLogger” and export so you have a recovery option if need be
4) after successful key backup, rick click again on “DSP_EffectLogger” and choose “Delete” in the right click menu
5 ) exit regedit

Launch PD18 and see if those two issues are resolved, "Fix / Enhance" crash and "Keyframe" crash.

Jeff
Graepat 2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Graepat 2, from the symptoms you note, I believe it is another common problem of PD18. If you are comfortable with regedit, you might try this support option to correct.

1) close PD
2) open regedit and browse for the registry key Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CyberLink\DSP_EffectLogger
3) right click on “DSP_EffectLogger” and export so you have a recovery option if need be
4) after successful key backup, rick click again on “DSP_EffectLogger” and choose “Delete” in the right click menu
5 ) exit regedit

Launch PD18 and see if those two issues are resolved, "Fix / Enhance" crash and "Keyframe" crash.

Jeff
Deleting DSP Effect logger seemed to solve the problem. thankyou to all.