Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
will not play back my imported video
new2PD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2019 21:23 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I am using Power Director 13. I have made about 6 video projects with photos and my own imported videos from my camera successfully. However, in the last year or two, since I have updated my compurter to Windows 10, I have been having problems with my imported videos to PLAY in my project. Is Power Director 13 not compatible with Windows 10?? Do I have to purchase Power Director 17 Ultra in order to use my own videos and photos in my project?? I have emailed Cyberlink with regards to my problem, but the problem cannot be resolved even though I tried what was suggested!
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
welcome to the forum.

you didn't give us anything to go on.
read Generating the DxDiag.txt File and attach any sample videos so that forum members can respond.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
new2PD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote welcome to the forum.

you didn't give us anything to go on.
read Generating the DxDiag.txt File and attach any sample videos so that forum members can respond.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Hi Pepsiman,
I have installed the Codex file as suggested by Barry. I have now attached the DxDiag file and a short clip of my project. Power Director plays the first 2 photos, then goes "black" with the next video but with audio continuing. It then skips the next 2 photos and start playing at the middle of the 2nd video (horses). I really hope someone can help me with my problem. Thanks again for everyone's help.
 Filename
Sample of Power Director with video problems.pds
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
412 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
367 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
96 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
379 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 14. 2019 14:09

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for attaching the DxDiag.txt. The pds file you attached is of no use as it is only a text file. You need to pack the project with the pds file for others to be able to check the project with your videos.

You have committed a terrible mistake. Upgrading to PD17 won’t help. The problem is due to your upgrading your win 7 to win 10. Intel does not support the HD Graphics 3000 anymore and has no drivers for win 10. You won’t be able to play games or do anything that may be important in the past like in video editing or view certain video files. See this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intelr-hd-graphics-3000-using-windows-10/405fd0bb-2444-4c18-ac9d-9d979251653c .

Wait and see. Other users have solutions for this, and others may have a different opinion on what to do. Some of solutions I have seen here do work.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 14. 2019 14:51

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the DxDiag results. It looks like you have a very old Dell laptop from 2012, and the Dell site only has drivers and updates for up to Win8. You can try the Detect Drivers tool on this page just in case it finds any updates.

More importantly, you can't just send a PDS file and have people test it out.

The PDS (project) file only contains the edits you've made - not the actual clips - so you also need to provide the clips that go with it.

To do that you need to use Pack Project Materials.. under PD's File menu, and then save everything to a cloud folder on Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, etc. Then paste the link to that folder here.

Thjat way, other people can download the entire project and see if there's anything unusual going on with your clips or with the edits you've made.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
new2PD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the DxDiag results. It looks like you have a very old Dell laptop from 2012, and the Dell site only has drivers and updates for up to Win8. You can try the Detect Drivers tool on this page just in case it finds any updates.

The PDS (project) file only contains the edits you've made - not the actual clips - so you also need to provide the clips that go with it.

To do that you need to use Pack Project Materials.. under PD's File menu, and then save everything to a cloud folder on Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, etc. Then paste the link to that folder here.

Thjat way, other people can download the entire project and see if there's anything unusual going on with your clips or with the edits you've made.

Sorry, I am really computer illiterate!! OK I have now I have now uploaded my project into Drop box using the Pack Project Materials as you have directed. Here is the link to my project: However, Drop Box says I can share the link with an email address. I tried to copy and paste the Drop Box link here and it will not allow me to paste here. I am manually typing in the link here, hope it will work. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c11koj1lvkqajt1/AAA-F65s5
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]

link doesn't work.

i am curious cause my dell has i7-2720QM(i7-2860QM) cpu with HD 3000/GT 550M gpu...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 17. 2019 02:21

'no bridge too far'

Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Like PepsiMan, I get this message, which probably just means you mistyped a character somewhere:

The forum should allow you to post a link directly. Maybe the best way to do it is to paste the link that DropBox gives you into your browser's address field and make sure you can see the content.

If that works, highlight a word in your forum reply (like "here") and use the forum's Link button to paste the link (so your response would look like "Click here")

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

new2PD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the DxDiag results. It looks like you have a very old Dell laptop from 2012, and the Dell site only has drivers and updates for up to Win8. You can try the Detect Drivers tool on this page just in case it finds any updates.

OK, I just googled online to find out how to paste link from my clipboard. Hope this works: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c11koj1lvkqajt1/AAA-F65s5OmUls-MEo_A4PhRa?dl=0

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 15. 2019 03:56

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am using Power Director 13. I have made about 6 video projects with photos and my own imported videos from my camera successfully. However, in the last year or two, since I have updated my compurter to Windows 10, I have been having problems with my imported videos to PLAY in my project. Is Power Director 13 not compatible with Windows 10?? Do I have to purchase Power Director 17 Ultra in order to use my own videos and photos in my project?? I have emailed Cyberlink with regards to my problem, but the problem cannot be resolved even though I tried what was suggested!

Hi,
I have PDR 10,14,16 and 17 available on an Asus laptop U36S i5, upgraded to Win 10 pro with Intel 3000HD onboard and a Nvidia GT520M with Optimus. I only ever really use the Intel GPU. I do have Quicktime 7.7.4 installed.

Your project contains .mov @3,840 x 2,160 46Mbps files and I suspect that might be your issue.

On my system running PDR14 the timeline opens and displays normally, but (as expected) any preview is very slow and jerky.
With shadow files enabled, timeline preview is much smoother and more acceptable.

Have you tried running PDR13 in compatibility mode for Win 7 settings?
Can your system play your .mov files outside of PDR?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 15. 2019 10:16

optodata
[Post New]
Thanks very much for sharing your project!

Like PDM, I can see all the clips and everything works normally on my Win10 system, but it's a much newer and more powerful system than your laptop...

I'm wondering if it might be an issue with QuickTime, which is required to work with .MOV clips. QT should have been installed when you installed PD13. Can you verify that it's there?

To do that, right-click on the Win10 Start menu and choose Apps & features. In the Search box, start typing "quick" (no quotes needed), and you should see a listing for QuickTime. If so, click on it and check to see if it's the same version shown here (note that the Search box is not at the top of the window, but I scrolled down a bit to take the screenshot):

YouTube/optodata

PepsiMan
[Post New]
Quote ... then goes "black" ...

k.
try
Quote ...
Have you tried running PDR13 in compatibility mode for Win 7 settings?
Can your system play your .mov files outside of PDR?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

and
Quote ...

I'm wondering if it might be an issue with QuickTime, which is required to work with .MOV clips. QT should have been installed when you installed PD13...

optodata

and then,
Tomasc said there isn't any HD 3000 support in wX, sooo... DISABLE ALL HARDWARE ACCELERATION!
uncheck it in Preference setting.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 15. 2019 16:16

'no bridge too far'

Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
new2PD [Avatar]
[Post New]

k.
try

and

and then,
Tomasc said there isn't any HD 3000 support in wX, sooo... DISABLE ALL HARDWARE ACCELERATION!
uncheck it in Preference setting.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

My system can play the project outside of PD. If I "Produce" the project, I can play the project on my laptop. I will let my "computer expert" friend look at all your replies and see if he has an answer for me. Because the things that you all mentioned are way beyond my computer capabilities Hope to update you all in a day or so. Thanks again for all your help. My friend feels that I need a new computer to run PD properly with a 3GB graphics card.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote My system can play the project outside of PD. If I "Produce" the project, I can play the project on my laptop. I will let my "computer expert" friend look at all your replies and see if he has an answer for me. Because the things that you all mentioned are way beyond my computer capabilities Hope to update you all in a day or so. Thanks again for all your help. My friend feels that I need a new computer to run PD properly with a 3GB graphics card.

Have a win 7 pc with amd and the integrated hd 3000 graphics. Connected it to the hd 3000 graphics to check out it’s capabilities. In PD14, Prefs/HA, both checkboxes enabled. Under mkv , avc 3840 x 2160/30p (50Mbps) both Fast Video Render Technology svrt and intel qs are available. Tried them both. The first one which is actually cpu rendered in 4:38. Get Production Unsuccessful popup message on the other. Display of the video in the media library and on the timeline is okay. This graphics card has no problem encoding in 2k and wasn’t meant to encode 4k which are the two videos.

You have responded before I completed the test on a win 10 pc. The project is fine on a win 10 pc with PD17. Your friend is right that having a graphics card that support your 4k videos and win 10 is desired.

You can try enabling shadow files to see if it helps on your laptop along with the suggestion from others.
PepsiMan
[Post New]
hello, new2PD.
my dell is old as yours or older.
i've installed PD 12Ultimate to wX v1809 b17763.832 in my dell XPS L702X with i7-2860QM; gpu intel HD3000 and GT 550M with nVidia Optimus...

when i was installing PD 12Ultimate, same version of QT v7.74.80.86 was installed by PD as optodata's PD13. i've also installed DivX v10.8.7 and Download K-Lite Codec Pack Basic 15.2.0.

same as PowerDirector Moderator(PDM), i didn't experience any BLACK preview of your .MOV files. normal preview and rendering. eventhough i had the hardware acceleration checked in the Preference, it wasn't active when rendering.

rendered 1080 30p FHD was excellent. where did you go?

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

p.s.
if you're looking for a new laptop, let us know which one you're looking to get. we can give you some info on which ones are better...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 17. 2019 02:28

'no bridge too far'

Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
new2PD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote hello, new2PD.
my dell is old as yours or older.
i've installed PD 12Ultimate to wX v1809 b17763.832 in my dell XPS L702X with i7-2860QM; gpu intel HD3000 and GT 550M with nVidia Optimus...

when i was installing PD 12Ultimate, same version of QT v7.74.80.86 was installed by PD as optodata's PD13. i've also installed DivX v10.8.7 and Download K-Lite Codec Pack Basic 15.2.0.

same as PowerDirector Moderator(PDM), i didn't experience any BLACK preview of your .MOV files. normal preview and rendering. eventhough i had the hardware acceleration checked in the Preference, it wasn't active when rendering.

rendered 1080 30p FHD was excellent. where did you go?

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

p.s.
if you're looking for a new laptop, let us know which one you're looking to get. we can give you some info on which ones are better...

Thank you all for your help. My friend had found a desk top for me and it is working really well. He says that my videos were taken in 4K and PDR 13 and my computer cannot handle 4K. Now my photos and videos are very clear and working properly. I will continue to try using PDR 13 and see if I am happy with it. If not, I will subscribe to PDR 365 which gives my project very crisp photos and videos.
PepsiMan
[Post New]
that's great!
if you set the camera at 16:9 then your stills and videos will be in same aspect ratio.
happy shooting. ^^

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
new2PD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote that's great!
if you set the camera at 16:9 then your stills and videos will be in same aspect ratio.
happy shooting. ^^

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Thank you for your advise. Will definitely try it out.
new2PD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote that's great!
happy shooting. ^^

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Just an update for all those who helped me with my problem. I purchased a new MAC with 5K monitor. Everything works beautifully! No more problems with the videos. Although when I imported the first video, everything went black and was turned off. I restarted the computer again and then all the videos were imported and played properly after this black out incident.

Thanks again for all your help.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Good editing with iMovie for now...