Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Scrambled Video When Rendering GoPro 2.7k 120fps Clips When Using Video Stabilizer
858sdguy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 08, 2012 03:08 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I shot some footage in Palm Springs this weekend with my GoPro Hero 7 black. Footage I'm having problems with is 2.7k 120fps HEVC/H.265 format. Specifically when going to the "Produce" section of PowerDirector 365, I get a final video that's all scrambled. I verified that this happens when I apply "Video Stabilizer" enhancement to the video.

Playback looks fine when in the "Edit" mode of PowerDirector. It's when I try to produce/finalize the video that it ends up all scrambled. I verified if I don't use the video stabilizer option then it works fine. I just end up with a video with all the shakes since image stabilization is not available in my GoPro 7 Black at the 120 frame rate setting in 2.7k.

Producing a video with Video Stabilizer on at 2.7k 60fps HEVC works fine.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to correct this. I know I can convert the video to H.264 but I notice a loss in quality when I do that.

Regards,
Reggie D.
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I shot some footage in Palm Springs this weekend with my GoPro Hero 7 black. Footage I'm having problems with is 2.7k 120fps HEVC/H.265 format. Specifically when going to the "Produce" section of PowerDirector 365, I get a final video that's all scrambled. I verified that this happens when I apply "Video Stabilizer" enhancement to the video.

Playback looks fine when in the "Edit" mode of PowerDirector. It's when I try to produce/finalize the video that it ends up all scrambled. I verified if I don't use the video stabilizer option then it works fine. I just end up with a video with all the shakes since image stabilization is not available in my GoPro 7 Black at the 120 frame rate setting in 2.7k.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to correct this. I know I can convert the video to H.264 but I notice a loss in quality when I do that.

Regards,
Reggie D.

You could use https://handbrake.fr/ to convert your video then load it back into PD and then produce. I did this in PD17 for my 4k videos. PowerDirector Tutorials Team
858sdguy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to avoid this step and possible loss of quality. Again, the software renders just fine as long as I don’t use any stabilization option settings. I guess I’ll just have to convert till an update corrects the issue.

You could use https://handbrake.fr/ to convert your video then load it back into PD and then produce. I did this in PD17 for my 4k videos.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to avoid this step and possible loss of quality. Again, the software renders just fine as long as I don’t use any stabilization option settings. I guess I’ll just have to convert till an update corrects the issue.

That sounds more like a GPU producing issue. When you produce, uncheck the Fast video rendering technology: box on the Produce page, and let the CPU do the work. If that's successful, please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread and attach the DxDiag results here so we can see how your PC is configured.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
858sdguy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply. I’ll try again hopefully tonight (working 12 hour shift). Fingers crossed.

That sounds more like a GPU producing issue. When you produce, uncheck the Fast video rendering technology: box on the Produce page, and let the CPU do the work. If that's successful, please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread and attach the DxDiag results here so we can see how your PC is configured.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If you're pressed for time later on, you might want to try highlighting a section of the timeline and using Produce Range. That will let you see the results quicker than having to wait for the entire video to be produced.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

858sdguy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Okay. Verified that "Fast Video Rendering Quality" box was already unchecked. Problem is still there only when trying to produce 2.7k video @120fps with video stabilizer options in place. Again, problem goes away when I don't use video stabilizer. Rendering 60fps footage with video stabilizer enabled works fine. Just seems to be a quirk with only 2.7k 120fps Gopro footage that I want to use stabilization with. It's fine. I've already used Handbrake to convert the video to h.264 with little loss of quality.

Quote If you're pressed for time later on, you might want to try highlighting a section of the timeline and using Produce Range. That will let you see the results quicker than having to wait for the entire video to be produced.
optodata
[Post New]
If you're comfortable sharing a short clip, you can upload it to a cloud folder and paste the link to it here. That way, other people can test it on their systems and see if we can narrow down the issue, or maybe find a way to get it working. Also, have you tried producing to H.264?

YouTube/optodata

858sdguy [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried to send a reply yesterday from my phone but it didn't go though. Anyhow, I was originally producing to h.264 for playback compatibility. I then tried to produce to HEVC format hoping it would work and then I could convert the completed movie to h.264 if needed. Those both failed.

Also tried 4k 60fps with a mixture of settings (stabilization-on, hardware acceleration-on, etc) with no problems. Even 1080p @ 240fps was no problem. Just that darn 2.7k @120fps HEVC format with stabilization on results in good audio with scrambled video.

I have a AMD RX580 video card along with a AMD Ryzen 2700 8 core processer and 16gb or ram. Windows 10 Pro OS.

Anyhow, I want to thank you for all the help regarding this issue. I think I will just upgrade to the GoPro 8 since it supports Hypersmooth stabilization at 2.7k, 120fps. LOL. Or maybe just continue using Lumafusion with my iPad Pro. Hahaha!

I'll try to upload video to the cloud when I have time.

Quote If you're comfortable sharing a short clip, you can upload it to a cloud folder and paste the link to it here. That way, other people can test it on their systems and see if we can narrow down the issue, or maybe find a way to get it working. Also, have you tried producing to H.264?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi 858sdguy -

I can confirm what you've reported. This afternoon I stuck the GoPro7 Black onto my grandson's bike helmet, set up to record 2.7K @120fps.

Sure enough, when stabilisation is applied in PDR18, the produced file is visually unrecognisable! Here's a screenshot showing the original clip & the produced file preview. Producing to H.264 or H.265 made no difference, even with custom profiles to match the 119.88 framerate.

I've uploaded the GoPro clip if anyone wishes to test... https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ILXMcVnPOfBtkDOn_NsPifGletgJ5lf5

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
optodata
[Post New]
Thanks for the clip, Tony!

I just did a quick test and found that the problem shows up straight away when you have previewing enabled during producing. I tried best matched 2.7k/120p HEVC and HD/120 AVC profiles, and using straight CPU, nVidia and QuickSync producing all create badly distorted clips when the video stabilizer is enabled.

This is clearly an issue for tech support.

YouTube/optodata

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi 858sdguy -

I can confirm what you've reported. This afternoon I stuck the GoPro7 Black onto my grandson's bike helmet, set up to record 2.7K @120fps.

Sure enough, when stabilisation is applied in PDR18, the produced file is visually unrecognisable! Here's a screenshot showing the original clip & the produced file preview. Producing to H.264 or H.265 made no difference, even with custom profiles to match the 119.88 framerate.

I've uploaded the GoPro clip if anyone wishes to test... https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ILXMcVnPOfBtkDOn_NsPifGletgJ5lf5

Cheers - Tony

Tony, the unrecognizable clip production after stabilization appears to be yet another PD18 feature, PD17 has no issues. Nice grandfather steady while capturing the mogul run on the sideline!

Jeff
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I shot some footage in Palm Springs this weekend with my GoPro Hero 7 black. Footage I'm having problems with is 2.7k 120fps HEVC/H.265 format. Specifically when going to the "Produce" section of PowerDirector 365, I get a final video that's all scrambled. I verified that this happens when I apply "Video Stabilizer" enhancement to the video.

Regards,
Reggie D.

Hi,
The issue has been replicated by multiple sources and has already been passed through to CL QA to assess and act on.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
It's good that the issue can be easily replicated & is being lookd at by CL QA.

As was suggested earlier in the thread, pre-rendering the 2.7K 120fps clips before applying stabilisation can correct the problem. In PDR18, I pre-produced to H.265 HEVC 2.7K @120fps (& 60fps) - then applied stabilisation to the pre-rendered clip and all was well.

Jeff - the mogul run immediately after that one wasn't so steady! Both cameras ended up at ground level.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
858sdguy [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm glad this issue has been submitted to the CL team for evaluation. I really enjoy the features of this program and look forward to a fix soon.

Quote It's good that the issue can be easily replicated & is being lookd at by CL QA.

As was suggested earlier in the thread, pre-rendering the 2.7K 120fps clips before applying stabilisation can correct the problem. In PDR18, I pre-produced to H.265 HEVC 2.7K @120fps (& 60fps) - then applied stabilisation to the pre-rendered clip and all was well.

Jeff - the mogul run immediately after that one wasn't so steady! Both cameras ended up at ground level.

Cheers - Tony
Elfgren [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 17, 2012 10:59 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem but with files from Gopro hero 8 Black and 2.7 K 100FPS.

I see the problem if I use the edge enhancement to get a little sharper videos. I reported this to CL support.

If I use the sharpening effect in Colordirector it seems to work but need som more testing.

I also noted that the stabilizer indeed cause the same error. If anyone is interested I uploaded a project where this can be tested.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t4y7gb0xh3KnMfwXmVbssI22z0wcyRv8

Best regards

Sven Erik Elfgren