Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I need help removing the background
[Post New]
I'm trying to make a green screen. I masked the moving object, I inverted the mask but creating the green screen is so confusing. I've watched tutorials but for some reason I'm getting the same results. Can someone give me a way to create a green screen that works every time?

Thanks
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It has been a while since I posted anything on motion masks. Here is a tutorial from the pro that you may not have seen to give you the basics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cJRt8uffUE .
[Post New]
Quote It has been a while since I posted anything on motion masks. Here is a tutorial from the pro that you may not have seen to give you the basics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cJRt8uffUE .

I followed the tutorial and here is what happens when I try to replace the black with green. The RGB says 0,0,0 so I don't think I'm selecting anything at all

https://streamable.com/qhgv3

In the video I'm trying to do a mask for an anime video. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In the video I'm trying to do a mask for an anime video. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong

I can select any color using the dropper, even after I uninstalled the full version of CD8 and installed the trial version.

Any chance you registered the trial version more than 30 days ago? Most features get disabled after that (expand the Download Information tab on this page for the specifics).

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
OptoData answered first. He has the best answer. The trial limitation would be the problem. Notice in the video that you hesitate and did not follow the tutorial instruction to set the tolerance from 30 to 100%.

Below is my result in creating the green screen .
 Filename
OJA.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
Created OJ green screen from motion tracking.
 Filesize
3449 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
642 time(s)
[Post New]

I can select any color using the dropper, even after I uninstalled the full version of CD8 and installed the trial version.

Any chance you registered the trial version more than 30 days ago? Most features get disabled after that (expand the Download Information tab on this page for the specifics).

I only have the trial version. I will likely change my PD 365 Subscription to Diretor Suite
[Post New]
Quote OptoData answered first. He has the best answer. The trial limitation would be the problem. Notice in the video that you hesitate and did not follow the tutorial instruction to set the tolerance from 30 to 100%.

Below is my result in creating the green screen .

Ok thank you. It doesn't matter if I change the tolerance. It will only select white. I'm sure the full version would work as intended