Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SVRT = fail
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Oh...My...God.
What have I done?
Aside from PD18 being unable to import and use my AVI files, I was forced to pre-produce them in PD14, which of course can still easily import my files.
So...
I have 30 titles already made in PD17, er, now PD18.
Therefore I bring my newly produced MP4 files, 60P, 7500mb custom bitrate into PD18 expecting to use SVRT and just BLOW thru these projects.
NOPE.
I extract a custom profile and apply it, but the entire timeline SVRT is RED. All must be re-rendered.
Does this work in PD14, you bet it does! But my titles are in PD18, which at this time is an utterly useless software to me.
Utterly useless.
Sorry Cyberlink, I love PowerDirector, but something is broke. Wish I never hit upgrade. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
GordonCato [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2017 23:37 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Oh...My...God.
What have I done?
Aside from PD18 being unable to import and use my AVI files, I was forced to pre-produce them in PD14, which of course can still easily import my files.
So...
I have 30 titles already made in PD17, er, now PD18.
Therefore I bring my newly produced MP4 files, 60P, 7500mb custom bitrate into PD18 expecting to use SVRT and just BLOW thru these projects.
NOPE.
I extract a custom profile and apply it, but the entire timeline SVRT is RED. All must be re-rendered.
Does this work in PD14, you bet it does! But my titles are in PD18, which at this time is an utterly useless software to me.
Utterly useless.
Sorry Cyberlink, I love PowerDirector, but something is broke. Wish I never hit upgrade.

I feel your pain. I have been a long time user of Powerdirector and it was my prefered editor. I also have Davinci, and Hitfilm Express on my computer. My computer is an absolute beast of an editing machine and should run any software without issue. For example, Under heavy load PD17 used 6% of my CPU. Powerdirector always had the easiest workflow and fastest render times. But PD18 is completely unusable. I can't even get to render times because it crashes constantly when I make even slight changes to the timeline. I never had these issues with earlier versions. Because of this, I decided to give Hitfilm more attention. I was a little hesitant before because of the hassle of learning new software when PD17 did what I needed. But, the learning curve was very small and the additional features made up my mind. The ease and features of masking, the built in compositor, and the ability to manipulate clips in 3 dimentions have won me over. OH, and it's free. I have loved powerdirector for many years, but they are WAY behind the competition in features, and the problems with PD18 are just too much.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
For some reason, it's now recognizing the SVRT.
Top of my head is being glued back on. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
GordonCato [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote For some reason, it's now recognizing the SVRT.
Top of my head is being glued back on.

I've heard this from other people too that features don'twork, then all of a sudden start working. Makes me wonder if Cyberlink is pushing small fixes behind the scenes, or are these random signs of instability in the software.
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
I've heard this from other people too that features don'twork, then all of a sudden start working. Makes me wonder if Cyberlink is pushing small fixes behind the scenes, or are these random signs of instability in the software.
Other people? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
GordonCato [Avatar]
[Post New]
Other people?

Other people on the forum. Some have had to disable features like hardware encoding or delete the sample clips to get it working. But some have features work one minute but not the next. Hopefully Cyberlink has a fix soon. People shouldn't have to go through these measures for an seemingly minor upgrade to what was one of the most stable editors out there
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ... Makes me wonder if Cyberlink is pushing small fixes behind the scenes, or are these random signs of instability in the software.

These are the same issues that fill the forum year-round, although each time a new version is released, there are new variants.

Also, CL doesn't do any "push" updates. For the subscription version, all updates have to go through the AppManager, and for the perpetual/lifetime version, patches have to be applied manually, although you can be prompted to install an update when launching PD.

You can verify that no changes have been made by checking the SR (Software Release) number on PD's version screen. It's currently VDE190703-06 for PD365 (18.0.2028.0)

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°