Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD365 Artifacts after Split
bigbaddaboom [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2019 23:31 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Here's a vid I made showing the issue, anyone have any ideas?

I made sure all video tracks were clean, identified which video track was causing the video to display however that track is blank. This is really weird...

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqQ3evtPNT

After more research, I found the clip that was offending on my timeline yet I have NO CLUE WHY it's doing what it is doing. I'm totally at a loss why PD is doing this?????

http://somup.com/cqQ3eLe5UK

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2019 23:54

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know what happened to cause PD to get so confused regarding the content of your clips, but the first thing I'd do is clear all the cached files for this project:

You may need to close PD, the re-open it and create a new project before all of the files are available for deletion. Once they're gone, close PD and open it up again and try loading that project again.

If the problem persists, copy all of the timeline content (using the cursor lasso, or typing Ctrl+A) then create a new project and paste the content on the new timeline. Let us know if the problem is resolved or has followed the clip(s) to the new project.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Vezir [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 28, 2019 02:58 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
From what I've seen on the forums and YouTube, PD18 seems to be a half finished product and the customers who paid for it are doing the beta testing (sadly).

I'm really glad I was able to purchase PD17 Ultra on Microsoft Store last night with a sweet discount. It's stable, it's fast and that's what i need.
bigbaddaboom [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2019 23:31 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I don't know what happened to cause PD to get so confused regarding the content of your clips, but the first thing I'd do is clear all the cached files for this project:

You may need to close PD, the re-open it and create a new project before all of the files are available for deletion. Once they're gone, close PD and open it up again and try loading that project again.

If the problem persists, copy all of the timeline content (using the cursor lasso, or typing Ctrl+A) then create a new project and paste the content on the new timeline. Let us know if the problem is resolved or has followed the clip(s) to the new project.

Yep, did that, no help. I uninstalled PD365 and reinstalled, that finally cleared up the issue.

FWIW I'm running Radeon 5700XT, I don't recall seeing this problem when I had my 1080ti in the system. Running 19.8.2 Adrenaline drivers, 19.9.1 and 19.9.2 have a bug which they don't turn on the cooling fans for my card (XFX THICC ULTRA) so I can't run those.

I enjoy the program, the more I use it the more I find how to "cajole" it into doing what I want. It's a learning process, however, when it jumps the rails, that's not fun at all.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 22. 2019 21:56